Coping with son's child molester

I just need some advice on coping with the abuse done to my son by a woman my family and I trusted. I can not understand how a married woman close to 30 with a child of her own could possibly have sex with a 13 year old. I thought I had reached a point of forgiveness but as the trial date approaches I only find myself all the more angrier that she has not pled guilty. Are there other families who have gone through similar experiences? My emotions are completely out of wack here and i feel like i’m losing my mind.

I have not, but I will pray for you and your family for healing.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen

Oh, my Jesus
Forgive us our sins
Save us from the fires of hell
And lead all souls to Heaven
Especially those in most need of thy mercy
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths
Amen

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end
Amen

**Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wiles and wickedness of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and
all the evil spirits who prowl this world seeking the ruin of souls.

In Christ Jesus name we pray.

Amen**

http://www.discerninghearts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/michael_archangel.gif

I will pray for you

Holy Mary,
help those in need,
give strength to the weak,
comfort the sorrowful,
pray for God’s people,
assist the clergy,
intercede for religious.
Mary all who seek your help
experience your unfailing protection.
Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Dearest mother, your grief and confusion is understandable.
May God heal your son and you.

It is a terrible betrayal of you both; and you also feel betrayed that the woman hasn’t shown repentance.
(Please don’t allow her repentance to be a condition of your healing. May God give you and your son healing. The woman may be too ashamed to confess, or too self-protective, but the fact that she would do this in the first place indicates that she lacks a moral compass and may be one of those sociopaths in our society, in which case you can expect nothing, but your forgiveness may need to take the form of a prayer for her redemption.).

The focus is your son and you.

Jesus who forgave all betrayal please carry this mother and her son through this terrible time and shocking abuse of their trust. How can this mother bear this, and be able to help her son to recover and to find his lost innocence, unless You flood special graces into their souls.
Mother Mary please pray for them both.

It may help if you keep giving this entire situation to our Lord Jesus Christ and our Blessed Mother.

I believe if I were you I would feel helpless, and would totally need the Lord, and to be in His Peace.

Dear Blessed Mother,

Intercede for this mother and son and for the woman involved.

We trust you Lord, and know that all things work to the good for those who love You!

You, Lord Jesus Christ can bring good out of evil!

May the Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you in a special way this holy Easter!

As a mother, I completely understand what you are feeling (even though it might seem off-hand because I have never gone through this). But as fellow mothers I know that from the time we know we are pregnant, our lives and actions turn completely towards another’s well-being. I will pray for you and your son. Please feel my cyber-hug! :hug1:

:gopray2:

Jesus, in your resurrection be adored!

PrayerMom2, I, too, cannot counsel you and your family in this terrible, terrible situation. I can, however, offer prayers for you.

“And so, the one who makes himself as little as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven. Anyone who welcomes one little child like this in my name welcomes me. But anyone who is the downfall of one of these little ones who have faith in me would be better drowned in the depths of the sea with a great millstone round his neck. Alas for the world that there should be such causes of falling! Causes of falling indeed there must be, but alas for anyone who provides them!”

(Matthew Chapter 18, Verses 4-7)

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee to we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mouring and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray.

O God, our refuge and our strength, look down with mercy upon the people who cry to Thee; and by the intercession of the glorious and immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Saint Joseph her spouse, of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all the saints, in Thy Mercy and Goodness hear our prayers for the conversion of sinners, and for the liberty and exaltation of the Holy Mother the Church. Through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray: and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have mercy on us.

:signofcross:

I recommend all involved to our holy Mother Mary. May she make her intentions in this matter come true and help you to cope with the injustice done to you and your son. May your situation not destroy you but make you into a holier Catholic. May you love your enemies and at the same time may your enemy receive justice at her court hearing. May you remember that the test of love is not those who can return our love but those who can not return our love. Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers. It is very difficult for me to pray at all anymore much less for this woman. I know the Lord tells us to pray for our enemies but I am not capable of doing so at this time. Please continue to keep my family and me in your prayers. The trial date is set for May 21st, though the DA office has told me it is very doubtful it will make it on this date as the dockett is full and each trial usually lasts a week on average. I feel like our lives are on hold right now. This is a terrible feeling. I can not comprehend all that has happened. Why does God allow such aweful things to happen to his children?

The Lord has suffered for us already for all sin committed. He loves us infinitely, and can bring good out of evil.
He is there for you prayermom!

May the Precious Blood of Jesus be your strength!

May the tears of our Blessed Mother be your strength!

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I am definitely praying that God bless you and bring you peace and calmness

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

You will be remembered tonight in my personal prayers.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying hard.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Loving God please carry this mother and her son through the consequences of this abuse of their trust. Aid this in helping her son to recover and to find his lost innocence.
Please flood special graces into their souls.
Mother Mary please pray for them both.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.