Cormac McCarthy

I'm currently reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy and was wondering if anyone has ever read this book or any other by him. He is also the author of No Country for Old Men and All the Pretty Horses.

If you've read him, what do you think of him?
Any books by him you can recommend?

Arguably the best living writer today.

I must emphatically agree. He is severely under-read and deserves more recognition by the wider readership. The Road is one of my all time favourite novels and I was elated when they made a film adaptation.

Unfortunately you have total douche bags like Nicholas Sparks who get in the way. I think this interview has been widely distributed now, but for those who haven't read it yet....

Nic Sparks Interview

Nicholas Sparks = Knob

I love to read, but I can’t get into Cormac McCarthy. If only he’d use punctuation…

I just finished his Border Trilogy, which begins with "All the Pretty Horses." Wonderful prose, strong stories. I haven't read "The Road" or "No Country for Old Men" yet, although the movies were really good.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.