Corporate America Embracing Gay Customers, Travel Dollars

Corporate America Embracing LBGT Customers, Travel Dollars

Fox News
wap.foxbusiness.proteus.com/index.php?page=contentTopStories&contentId=16277

Major corporations and countries are vying to tap into the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender travel market --what experts are now calling a $65 billion industry.
And that $65 billion is an annual number and just in the United States.
Gay and lesbian travel has been a growing business for the past 30 years, spreading into everything from packaged vacations to high-end travel destinations.
But only recently has the business really boomed, experts said. The travel industry now has multiple magazines and trade publications dedicated to gay and lesbian travelers. Publicly traded companies have also added LBGT-dedicated marketing departments in order to possibly get a slice of that $65 billion pie.
“After many years of discrimination, gays and lesbians are more interested in companies that treat them with respect and do their best to accommodate them,” said Tom Nibbio, marketing manager with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association. “And they have the purchasing power to show it.”

Imagine that!!!:slight_smile: Gay and lesbians wanting to support those companies and services which treat them as real people.

I have several gay friends who get great packages on their travel adventures. One couple went on a Carribean cruise that from what they said was fantastic.

A lesbian couple I know goes to a different place in Europe every year for two weeks…

I guess all that disposable income from two salaries comes in handy.:slight_smile:

Why should this bother Catholics? After all, we welcome them in our churches, even if we don’t approve of their lifestyles. I hope we never decide to ban sinners from our churches. That’s what they are there for.

It should bother Catholics because sodomism is immoral and against the teachings of the Church.

All Catholics should boycott as many of these immoral sodomism promoting companies and corporations as possible.

Terrorists murderers and pedophiles are real people too, really evil people too, just like sodomites.

:slight_smile:

Should companies and corporations start promoting terrorism murder and pedophilia too?

My answer is no, and they should never promote sodomism either.

It should bother Catholics because sodomism is immoral and against the teachings of the Church.

All sin bothers me. I wish we weren’t so prone to do it. However, I am pleased that the Church welcomes homosexuals and ministers to them. I have no idea why they bear that particular cross, but if they do it with celibacy, they are no more blameworthy than a celibate unmarried person.

**Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner. **
catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp

All Catholics should boycott as many of these immoral sodomism promoting companies and corporations as possible.

Most Catholics treat homosexuality as just another sin against God. Would you boycott a company that didn’t discriminate against liars? Or didn’t offer benefits to alcoholics? This position of yours seems to be an emotional response, not a Christian one.

Terrorists murderers and pedophiles are real people too,

Of course, they are criminals who harm others who have no say in what happens to them. Even practicing homosexuals don’t fit in that group.

We are, all of us, evil people. We are all sinners, some of whom are trying to become better. Some of us happen to be homosexuals. I’m not tempted to that particular sin, but I am to some others. And that should be enough to remember we are called on to minister to sinners, not hate them.

Save for the grace of the good Lord we are all capable of:

Orgies, mass murder, pedophilia, theft, grand larceny, deception, rape, incest, adultery, hatred of God, hatred of others, violence, wars, greed, etc.

Without the amazing generosity of the Lord when it comes to giving out grace, every single one of us is capable of those things listed above.

To say otherwise is not a proper Christian standpoint.

These corporations providing travel don’t care about LGBT people, they care about their wallets. Money and greed is the root here, not sodomy. Stop touting these pushbutton issues and let’s all wake up to the real problem, which is primarily greed.

they are explicitly and publicly promoting homophilia, not greed, even though they may be guilty of greed, and clearly they are.

So it is sodomism which is the primary problem in this instance,

Most Catholics treat homosexuality as just another sin against God. Would you boycott a company that didn’t discriminate against liars? Or didn’t offer benefits to alcoholics? This position of yours seems to be an emotional response, not a Christian one.

On the contrary it is your response which is totally emotional and irrational.

Homophilia is an abomination, and at par with sins like terrorism and pedophilia.

Of course, they are criminals who harm others who have no say in what happens to them. Even practicing homosexuals don’t fit in that group.

We are, all of us, evil people. We are all sinners, some of whom are trying to become better. Some of us happen to be homosexuals. I’m not tempted to that particular sin, but I am to some others. And that should be enough to remember we are called on to minister to sinners, not hate them.

Homophilies do fit in that group, because homophiles harm the entire society with their immorality , especially when they promote it, which is exactly what they are doing.

Like i said before:

Terrorists murderers and pedophiles are real people too, really evil people too, just like sodomites.

Should companies and corporations start promoting terrorism murder and pedophilia too?

My answer is no, and they should never promote sodomism either.

Homophilia is in fact a worse threat than terrorism.

Do you mean just pedophilia? There is no connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. They are not equivalent.

Do you really think that two people’s love for each other is the same as terrorism? :eek:

The statement I bolded I infer as a statement stating that they should not exist to have a good society, is that correct? That is highly discriminatory attacking them just because they exist, much less equating them to or worse than terrorism.

There are people behind your words, you should look closer at them, they are not some abstract notion, but real people.

Of all the issue facing Catholics in this Country this should be very , very low on the list.

Unbelievable…:rolleyes: boycott these companies…come on now…are you living in the real world? Perhaps those of you who think the homosexuals are taking over the world along with planned parenthood should really invest in some caves and grow your own food and make your own clothes from the cotton you grow…because if you all boycott every business that is where you’ll end up.

Snap out of it! :shrug:

can we get an AMEN.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.