Corpus Christi

Is your parish celebrating Corpus Christi?
How?
Please add all the details of the celebration.

We will have the full procession around the church, four altars, young girls in white dropping petals and Father with the Monstrance under a canopy.

Fellowship after as our Rosary Society and our Slovak dancers are bringing treats.

Our parish traditionally has a procession and in addition we are building outside altars which will be stops for the procession to pray at.

bishop has asked all parishes to observe 40 hours of honor to Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament through Exposition, Adoration, Processions, sermons and other activities. Contintual adoration Thurs-thru-Sunday, with each parish having assigned hours, as we did for the opening of the Year of the Eucharist, will be held at the Basilica in San Juan TX. Each parish or deanery also has its own activities. We will have holy hours each day.

Our parish hasn’t done anything for years but this year we will have Exposition from 9:00am after mass until 3:00pm Divine Mercy and Benediction prior to the 5:00 mass.

No acknowledgement in our parish whatsoever. Not on the calendar, not in the celebration.

[quote=netmilsmom]Is your parish celebrating Corpus Christi?
How?

We will have the full procession around the church, four altars, young girls in white dropping petals and Father with the Monstrance under a canopy.

Fellowship after as our Rosary Society and our Slovak dancers are bringing treats.
[/quote]

Similar at our parish except we do not have a canopy. We will end with benediction at the church.

…we will meet in Flaherty Ky, (churches from all over the rural part of the louisville arch-diocese… say a rosary, and process around a cemetary of loved ones and have benediction at an altar in the cemetary…

the altar sits among trees over 60 to 75 feet tall… in total shade, we will pray together…

…a wonderful one hour celebration…

http://www.georgiabulletin.org/media/images/archive/gb/010607a1.jpg

ourdoor procession, through the neighborhood. We will pause to bring Christ’s presence to a corner where the “ladies” hang out, to in front of a crack house, to a spot where a child was killed by handgun fire and so on.

[quote=katherine2]ourdoor procession, through the neighborhood. We will pause to bring Christ’s presence to a corner where the “ladies” hang out, to in front of a crack house, to a spot where a child was killed by handgun fire and so on.
[/quote]

…sounds a lot like the venue’s where Christ would stop… :thumbsup:

…just tell the procession not to stay too long at your corner…:smiley:

…sorry, just trying to lighten up a sobering thought:eek:

…if your post is very serious, i can only hope your Corpus Christi celebration will find in you a desire to grow closer to The Body of Christ…:thumbsup:

…we are with you…:thumbsup:

I have never been to a procession except when I once visited a Pius X Church. Not once in Wichita have I seen this. This is a good public Catholic profession of faith.

We have a procession OUTSIDE :thumbsup: with stops at 4 houses with little altars set up and a Gospel proclaimed at each of the stops.

A parish in a neighboring city had a 3 mile procession a couple of years ago. It was AWESOME!

My diocese is having a diocesan-wide Corpus Christi procession in Kansas City. According to the diocesan newspaper, it will be the biggest public statement of Catholicism Kansas City has seen in decades. I hope I can be a part of it. I pray I can go. I cannot drive, and my family is not Catholic, so going places like that are always miraculous as far as I’m concerned.

How?

[/quote]

Your description sounds beautiful! Our church is not doing anything so it gives me joy to read about yours.
:tiphat:

I love your parish too.
Last year I had to be in Detroit area on a Saturday, and Sunday morning before flying home, Sts Cyril & Methodius was the only 7:30 Mass nearby.

16 altar servers and acolytes at a 7:30 mass. And our parish can’t get three to show up consistently at any Sunday mass.

And I love the signs on the doors from the Narthex about appropriate dress and sacred silence.

I’m in Grand Rapids next week Saturday, flying home from Detroit and I’m actually considering leaving Grand Rapids at 4 AM to celebrate with the Slovaks again.

How?

[/quote]

The whole thing…the crowd it is so beautiful how could I miss it!:amen:

[quote=Jamie Burns]I love your parish too.
Last year I had to be in Detroit area on a Saturday, and Sunday morning before flying home, Sts Cyril & Methodius was the only 7:30 Mass nearby.

16 altar servers and acolytes at a 7:30 mass. And our parish can’t get three to show up consistently at any Sunday mass.

And I love the signs on the doors from the Narthex about appropriate dress and sacred silence.

I’m in Grand Rapids next week Saturday, flying home from Detroit and I’m actually considering leaving Grand Rapids at 4 AM to celebrate with the Slovaks again.
[/quote]

I’m not moving back to Cleveland because of this parish!
Come and visit us on Sunday!! The Celebration starts at 10:00.

This will be my first Corpus Christi procession. I am really looking forward to it. It will also be my first time celebrating Mass outdoors!

Corpus Christi does not appear on our calendar. That is Byzantine Catholics do not have the Feast of Corpus Christi.

Melkites celebrate the Feast of the Divine Body on Thursday, May 26th, this year with the following two days know as “Second Day of the Divine Body” and “Third Day of the Divine Body” respectively, but nothing special is occuring as it is not a Solemn, nor even a Simple, feast so it is not a “Day of Obligation”.

[quote=ByzCath]Corpus Christi does not appear on our calendar. That is Byzantine Catholics do not have the Feast of Corpus Christi.

Melkites celebrate the Feast of the Divine Body on Thursday, May 26th, this year with the following two days know as “Second Day of the Divine Body” and “Third Day of the Divine Body” respectively, but nothing special is occuring as it is not a Solemn, nor even a Simple, feast so it is not a “Day of Obligation”.
[/quote]

You are a wealth of knowledge!

No procession at our Parish; the average parishoner’s age is 65 years.
But we are celebrating with a 3 hour Exposition from 2-5. Sadly, so far only 3 people have signed up including me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.