Cosmonaut Says Relics, Icons Onboard International Space Station

Moscow, Russia, Jan 20, 2010 / 12:11 am (CNA).- The Gospels, four icons, crosses and a relic of the True Cross have been taken aboard the Russian segment of the International Space Station (ISS), a Russian cosmonaut has reported. A photo taken by the station crew shows an icon and a crucifix floating in zero gravity in the ISS.

More…

Jesus Christ be praised, Forever! :thumbsup:

[quote="Catholic_Press, post:1, topic:183786"]
The Gospels, four icons, crosses and a relic of the True Cross have been taken aboard the Russian segment of the International Space Station (ISS), a Russian cosmonaut has reported.

[/quote]

In order to get me on that orbiting hulk of terror and desolation, I'd need the Gospels, Apocrypha, Pauline Letters, at least 8 icons, 4 crosses (Western, Byzantine, Celtic, and Coptic), a relic of the True Cross and a leg from a chair built by Jesus as a young carpenter, a spacesuit insulated with holy water, a signed letter from the Pope, a fistful of rosaries, a shrine to St. Jude (can you light candles in space?)...

I take it that orbiting hulks of terror and desolation are not your cup of tea. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.