Could a Protestant who has learned about the Catholic Church but did not convert still be saved?

I know the question of protestant salvation has been asked many times according to my searches. But my more specific question refers to those who know of the catholic faith, who have done research, but based off of the beliefs they have been taught and have held as their truth since childhood, were not able to come to a level of agreement where they wished to convert. For instance perhaps they had challenges with certain catholic beliefs that appear to be contrary to their faith and understanding of biblical text, and based off of their beliefs and conscious, continued on their journey as a protestant. From a catholic standpoint… what is believed about the salvation of these individuals? Are they no longer considered under the category of invincibly ignorant as they are aware of the catholic church and have studied it? Would they be considered culpable of rejecting Christ by means of rejecting his church and thus would no longer be able to be saved? Or would this fall into a different category given that they are simply trying to follow what they have believed to be the truth? Thank you!

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]No Salvation Outside the Church
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.