Could an outdoor marriage of a Catholic and non-Catholic be considered valid?

Hello, and thanks for considering my question!

My boyfriend (a baptized Christian, but not a Catholic) and I are considering getting married. As a Catholic-convert-in-progress, I would really like to be married in the Catholic church (after my confirmation and communion, obviously), but the boyfriend in question says that he would like the vibe of an outdoor wedding much more. I'm fairly sure that I could get permission to marry him, but I don't know if that permission would only extend to a wedding (physically) in a Catholic church or if we could get married in a garden. Would getting married outside require another permission, or would it just be impossible altogether? And, if the outdoor marriage were not valid, would there be a way that we could validate it?

Thanks again!

The following links should help answer your question about outdoor weddings. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Can a Catholic wedding be performed outside of the church building?
What about an outdoor wedding?
Can a Catholic wedding take place in a garden?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.