Could anyone help me to translate the following phrase:

"Convertere Domine aliquantulum, et deprecare super servos tuos"

Google translation: "Turn thee O Lord him a little, and make an atonement upon thy servants." Needs a little work, though. What's the context?

[quote="Gerardello, post:1, topic:346588"]

[/quote]

I'm going to attempt to translate this with the little Latin I know. :D

"Turn around Lord a little to them, and preserve your servants."

[quote="Gerardello, post:1, topic:346588"]

[/quote]

Converte, Domine, aliquantulum, et deprecare super servos tuos. [Ps 89:13] Et sit splendor Domini Dei nostri super nos, et opera manuum nostrarum dirige super nos. [Ps 89:17] Domine, exaudi orationem meam, et clamor meus ad te perveniat. Ne avertas faciem tuam a me: in quacumque die tribulor, inclina ad me aurem tuam in quacumque die invocavero te, velociter exaudi me. [Ps 101:2-3]

*Return, O Lord, how long? and be entreated in favor of Thy servants. *[Ps 89:13] And let the splendor of the Lord our God be upon us: and direct Thou the works of our hands over us. [Ps 89:17] Hear, O Lord, my prayer: and let my cry come to Thee. Turn not away Thy face from me. In the day when I am in trouble, incline Thy ear to me. On whatever day I call upon Thee, hear me speedily. [Ps 101:2-3]

preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Confessio/PsalterJerome.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.