Could God be helping me during this Mission?

Our church is being visited by a priest and he’s speaking at our parish until Wednesday. This is our Parish Mission. Last night he was talking about the topic “A Christian Response to Stress” and I was so amazed at the turn out. I find his talks very provoking and want to continue to go. We also sang 3 songs, and the opening song was “Be Not Afraid” and I almost cried. Is it an outburst of the Holy Spirit? Tonight he’s talking about “The Art of Forgiveness” and I am eager to hear what he has to say. Could God be helping me through this mission? I feel like he’s very close to me and I’m getting to know him more.

definitely God could be speaking to you and working in your life through participating in this mission, that is why your parish is offering this opportunity. Discern anything that seems way out of the ordinary or that points to a real life change with your priest, however. In other words, don’t quit your day job just based on what the speaker said, or drop out of school, or divorce your wife.

we did in fact have a major life change following a parish mission, but we took 5 years of discussion, prayer, discernment and putting our affairs in order before following what we both received as a distinct call, and that is the reason where are where we are now, doing what we do now.

<<We also sang 3 songs, and the opening song was “Be Not Afraid” and I almost cried. Is it an outburst of the Holy Spirit? >>

Probably more an outburst of emotion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.