Could Muhammad of been a prophet?

Are you saying that Muhammad is the Holy Ghost and proceeds from the Father?

CODE]Actually, their population from around the world is rather small.

Islam is the world's second largest religion after Christianity. According to a 2010 study, Islam has 1.62 billion adherents, making up over 23% of the world population.

There are 14.1 million Mormons.

Are these rather small numbers of non-Trinitarians?

In addition, there 900 million Hindus, 800 million Secular/Non-religious/Agnostic/Atheists and 300 million Buddhists.  All non-Trinitarians.

All irrelevant. They all believe falsely. God’s nature is dependent neither on one’s individual conception nor on a poll of the world’s religions; in fact, it is dependent on absolutely nothing. In the most literal sense possible, it is what it is. We know that He is a triune God because He has thus revealed Himself.

It was through God’s revelation that Muhammad created the Koran. When God was revealed to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel, there was no Triune. Or maybe, according to NeoPlatonism, the idea of a Triune was already present, but could not be realized until Jesus of Nazareth came along.

False.

False. God is triune, and His nature cannot change. He simply had not yet revealed Himself as a Trinity of Persons.

See above.

14 million Mormons is near nothing. There are 800 million Christians in 41000 denominations. In comparison, there are 1.4 billion Christians in the apostolic Churches (Catholic, Orthodox).

As for Islam, I do not consider them “non-trinitarians” more than I consider so the Hebrew or the Buddhists or the Atheists, because they are altogether a different religion (though they do address the God of Abraham and Isaac, the one true God). The fullness of the divine teaching on God’s Trinitarian nature came through Christ, and in the Acts of the Apostles we read of the first converts who say: “We did not even know that there was a Holy Spirit.” It is no surprise that many in the world don’t know God’s ineffable nature - especially given that there are billions who don’t even know God, and that even among Christians over 20% have lost or distorted the orthodox doctrine.

Anyways this discussion is going off topic. This is hardly the place to defend the Monarchian, Sabellian, Arian (and subsequent) heresies against the orthodox Christian teaching of the Blessed Trinity :shrug:

Buddhists and Atheists do not address the God of Abraham and Isaac. The God of Abraham and Isaac was not a loving God, but a tyrant who murdered people at will.

If God is ineffable, how can anyone know Him?

No I would consider Islam a different religion too as we do not believe Jesus to be the son of God.

But what I mentioned about Muslims dressing like Mary and Jesus(PBUH). We have a saying following the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) because Sunnah as in his teachings and practice.

Why we do so? because who knows how to worship God the best, none other than a Prophet, so people should try to do as much as they can what a Prophet did, in worship and in appearance.

So Muhammed(PBUH) and Jesus(PBUH) as were in those time would have worn long clothes and grown beards, hence Muslims try to do the same as there is a blessing in doing what a Prophet did. (As for women, doing what that honorable women of that time did ie Mary(ra) wearing loose clothing and head cloth, which many orthodox Jews and Nuns practice, but unfortunately due to media influence Muslim women are persecuted for and assumed oppressed)

I for one choose to wear it, I am studying and working and clearly am not oppressed, so why do people persecute me for wanting to dress like Mary.

No from my understanding, I believe the scriptures have it mixed up.

The Father: God
The Son: Jesus(PBUH)
The Holy Spirit: Gabriel (as)

So through Gabriel(as) an angel, God conveyed his message to the Prophet Jesus(PBUH).

As there are verses with Jesus(PBUH) talking to himself, which dont make sense and he is talking to none other than the Father, who Muslims believe to be the One true God, none is worthy of worship than Him.

You forgot to place (SWT) next to God…Subhana wa t’ala,

Why is that so…???

• PBUH - Don’t you know that Jesus IS the King of Peace. There is no reason for a muslim to pray for Jesus stating the peace be upon him.

This is not the place to defend the heresy of Marcion either.

I will report you for this, and then I will pray for you to the only God, not that He may forgive you (since blindness and ignorance are not a sin) but that He may enlighten you.

Just to clarify on this point, yes there is this difference but we do worship the same God. Christians call Him the father in the trinity but Muslims call Him Allah and associate no partners with Him.

I posted this on another thread :slight_smile:

? erm typing error I didn’t realise I have to put SWT next to God, it is just another way to glorify God but not compulsory, as there are also lots of ways to glorify God.

We highly respect him, and wish God to grant Jesus(PBUH) with more please and blessings, so hence we do such.

The Catholic Church does NOT acknowledge the self proclaimed prophet of Islam as a prophet of God.

The Catholic Church does NOT acknowledge Islam

The Catholic Church however, does acknowledge muslims in CCC 841 from VII

This thread belongs in the Non-Catholic sub-forum

Surely you jest…

You made it your “typing” business to place the PBUH on Jesus and AS on “the Holy Spirit” but you made a “typing” error on “allah”

Allah God

Jesus Isa

Gabriel, Jibrael.

I have different ways I can spell things, i dont know what the issue is here?

Even if i don’t type it, I say it to myself PBUH or SWT, so God knows my intention. I don’t think He would be angry at me for not typing it up.

Not sure why you are jumping from John 14:16, then to John 15:26 and back to John 14:26…???

:confused:

Since you posted John 14.26, read it carefully.

Jesus said the Comforter is the Holy Spirit whom God will send in Jesus name
The Holy Spirit will teach you things and help you remember everything I’ve preached

Mohammad did not “preach” anything which Jesus stated in the Gospels.

I also want to address 14.16 which you posted above - however, you didn’t post the whole thing. But I guess that’s what you get from the bogus anti Christian site answering Christianity…

“**I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.**

Are you claiming since you believe the Comforter is Muhammad is also the Holy Spirit & The Spirit of Truth with Jesus Apostles…???

And the above passage also states “world cannot receive because it does NOT see HIM or know HIM.”

Is Mohammad invisible…??? Is he a spirit…???

Christ is clear with His message - He is not speaking of Mohammad.

You fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

The “person” whom Jesus (A.S.) prophecised will come after him, is called Pargaleeta in the Bible . This word was deleted by interpreters and translators and changed at times to “Spirit of Truth” and at other times, to “comforter” and sometimes “Holy Spirit.” The original Greek and its meaning is “one whom people praise exceedingly.” The sense of the word, then, is applicable to the word Muhammad in Arabic, since Muhammad means “the praised one.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.