Could somebody explain to me why this is wrong plz?

“The reason why belief in Islam is important on all believers (of God) is because Islam is the last faith, which is uncorrupted and unchanged in it’s original texts. It is the final and complete law”

Could someone please explain to me why this passge is wrong,saying that islam is the final chapter etc?

Its really frustrating when i dont know the answer!..

Explaination much appreciated!

[quote=godsent]“The reason why belief in Islam is important on all believers (of God) is because Islam is the last faith, which is uncorrupted and unchanged in it’s original texts. It is the final and complete law”

Could someone please explain to me why this passge is wrong,saying that islam is the final chapter etc?

Its really frustrating when i dont know the answer!..

Explaination much appreciated!
[/quote]

From what I understand that’s a fair statement of Islamic teaching. In a way they have an advantageover us. We (most Christians) would admit that the OT consisted of oral traditions before it was written down, and there are variant texts of the NT. According to them the Koran has existed since before time and was given to Mohammed all at once, so there are no such problems for them.

Muslims are SUPPOSED to be tolerant of Jews and Christians as “people of the Book”, i.e., recipients of God’s previous revelations. They DO insist that the Koran is God’s last word and any religion that comes after it is false and its followers are infidels.

I would turn that around on them. Since the Church says that God’s public revelation ended with the death of the last Apostle any “scripture” like the Koran that comes after the NT is utterly false and definitely not from God.

WHICH Islam?

There’s Sunni Islam, Shiite Islam, Wahabbi Islam, and a few other flavors. Islam doesn’t have a Vatican (infallible magisterium) and thus anyone is free to start their own Islamic sect because they practice a form of sola scriptura.

So the question is: WHICH Islam? There’s lots of them.

I would refer you to Galatians 1:6-9 where it says, “I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and turning to a different gospel–not that there is another gospel, but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, If any one is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed.”

Islam is clearly a different “gospel” if you wish to use that term. Islam denies the divinity of Jesus Christ and places Mohammed ahead of Jesus. This is in obvious opposition to the Christian gospel which is the last and final word. There are other important differences between the Christian gospel and the Koran. The anti-Christ position of Islam and its denial of the Trinity are simply the most obvious and fundamental differences.

Mormons would probably say that their book is the last book.

“The reason why belief in Islam is important on all believers (of God) is because Islam is the last faith, which is uncorrupted and unchanged in it’s original texts. It is the final and complete law”

Well, it is not wrong (which can’t be demonstrated by this bit of text) but rather is assuming what it needs to prove. So what if it is unchanged in its original texts? If I write a text saying that there is one God Jar Jar and President Bush is his messenger and this is the final revelation, it is not true now and it won’t be true five hundred years later even if no one corrupts or changes the text. This is why I would never go for faith based on a single man’s vision. Mormonism is later than Islam. Why not go for that if our only criteria is which came later?

Scott

[quote=Scott Waddell]Well, it is not wrong (which can’t be demonstrated by this bit of text) but rather is assuming what it needs to prove. So what if it is unchanged in its original texts? If I write a text saying that there is one God Jar Jar and President Bush is his messenger and this is the final revelation, it is not true now and it won’t be true five hundred years later even if no one corrupts or changes the text. This is why I would never go for faith based on a single man’s vision. Mormonism is later than Islam. Why not go for that if our only criteria is which came later?

Scott
[/quote]

Yup. Writing on a piece of paper “This text is inspired” is insufficient evidence of the veracity of that claim.

catholic.com/library/Proving_Inspiration.asp%between%

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.