Could someone please pray for my friend?

hi, so i’m pretty new here…i haven’t posted much. I don’t normally do this, asking for people to pray for someone, but i feel like i need to. This weekend has been a tough one. I got back from a funeral upstate yesterday only to go to work and find out one of my closest friends was in the icu. I originally heard that he was in the icu from a car accident, but that was only the beginning. Early saturday morning he left a friends house to drive home (i’m guessing there was alcohol, and probably weed involved at some point hours prior to this), and on his way home he ended up off the road and in a field. After his car crashed into a fence he called a friend to see if she could pick him up. she couldn’t so he ended up calling his dad. she said he sounded ok on the phone, and stayed on with him until his father got him and they reached their house…she said they were laughing and talking non stop. after he got home he hung up the phone. at some point he wrote on facebook that he loved all of us that mattered and that he really hoped that it took this time. a few hours later the friend got a call that he was being taken to the er.

so after a few hours she called the er to see if he was ok, and they said he was stable and was moved upstairs, so she decided to go see him. only when she got to the hospital they told her that he was actually put into icu after the er…she was able to see him for a minute, and when she did she said both of his wrists were bandaged up. (a few weeks prior to this he had scratched at his wrists but nothing enough for them to bleed or anyone to take notice…we didn’t even noticed until thursday when the three of us went out for a after drink work and he told us what he did) she also said that he was put into a drug induced coma, because he was having difficulty breathing, and had to be hooked up to a machine to help him breathe.

so she’s thinking that he slit his wrists, as well as overdosed on something. which i agree that if she talked to him after the accident that what else could it have been. but this guy isn’t the type to go slitting his wrists and oding on meds. (but then he wasn’t the type to smoke pot until a month ago either). i’ve known him for almost 8 years now, it’s completely caught me off guard. since i had to work last nite i haven’t gotten a chance to talk to his mom, our one friend from way back when was down there at the hospital tonite to keep his mom company, she said the tests have come back ok, its just a matter of him breathing on his own again. the doctor thinks he’ll be ok in a week, but idk i’m so scared of what might happen to him. he’s had a rough year with family problems, and loosing touch with 2 good friends, and well some personal problems too. he’s turned to things he never used to in the past.

so if someone could just pray for him. he’s a good guy who’s just gone astray. i just pray that he makes it through, and that he finds himself again.

ash

Praying for your friend that he gets better soon.

Praying for your friend.

praying hard

Praying…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I have been in the exact same situation as your friend. By this I mean, my stepchildren have been through similar situations with drugs, suicide attempts, etc. The hard part is trying to help when in fact they may not want your help and by this I mean…the person has to want help or it just doesn’t work. God, please help this young person to allow you into his life and lead him to the right resources for help. Open his eyes and ears to Your Word. This is such a hard world for young people with so many temptations of the evil one lurking in the shadows. Please, God…help in this situation. Your child needs your help. Amen.
Know that prayers will continue…God bless youf or posting.
Diane

Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen

Many times it is because of an illness that someone attempts suicide. I’ll pray for your friend’s healing and that he gets the help that he desperately needs …

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

God Bless you for your merciful plea for prayer on behalf of your friend. I will pray for Him. Jesus I trust in You …Mary take over

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Praying for your friend…take care…

Thy Kingdom come.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

PRAYER TO INFANT JESUS
O Miraculous Infant Jesus, look upon us, as we, turn to you, imploring your assistance in our needs and anxieties. Let your compassionate heart be moved to pity by our supplications and grant us the favour which we ardently implore you. Free us from all afflictions and despair, all trials and misfortunes and give us your support and consolation so that we may praise you and the Father and the Holy Spirit now and for ever, Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

For your friend, and you.

Thy Kingdom come.

and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

wow, you all are amazing. thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. sometime monday morning they pulled him off of the respirator, because they believed he was showing signs of being able to breathe on his own. by monday afternoon he was awake. i have yet to see him as he was “discharged” from the hospital, but im assuming he was taken to a place to recover and get help (our hosiptal normally sends attempted suicide cases to another location as the mental health wing is normally packed). I’m just praying that he is open to receiving help, and is able to start recovering. thank you all once again.

ash

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.