Could someone pray for me, please?

I’m having a stressful time right now. I have been unemployed for nearly a year and a half and have been unable to find anything, despite sending out numerous applications and resumes. I feel like a failure and a burden, because I still live with my parents at the age of 31 and am completely broke (my unemployment benefits ran out at the end of May.)

I find myself feeling so sad and useless, like there’s no point in even getting out of bed in the morning. I hate not being able to provide for myself and the situation, without getting into too much detail, is getting desperate. I don’t know what to do except pray at this point, but it doesn’t seem like God is listening. I keep trying to have faith that things will get better, but it’s been so long and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore.

If someone could please pray for me – whatever prayer you like best – I’d really appreciate it. I’ve been praying myself, but as I said, it doesn’t seem to be having much effect up to this point. Maybe the prayers of other people would help, and they certainly couldn’t hurt.

I just wish I didn’t feel so useless.

Lord You know this person is valuable and not a failure, and not useless, but it is understandable that Snoofie feels like this.
Thank You that this person has the protection of parents.
Lord, we know the economic situation is difficult and many are out of work but we ask You to powerfully come to aid Snoofie in the need for work and fulfilment.

Hi Snoofie!

First off, God does not look at our scrolls of diploma/degree/master, but at our good works done in the spirit of charity. He loves you no matter what! Please, remember that. I will pray for you, along with all the young people who have lost hope.

Pope Benedict XVI recently addressed the youths with this very inspiring message. I hope it will strengthen your faith!

“Dear friends, Christ is not so much interested in how often in your lives you stumble and fall, as in how often you pick yourselves up again. He does not demand glittering achievements, but he wants his light to shine in you. He does not call you because you are good and perfect, but because he is good and he wants to make you his friends. Yes, you are the light of the world because Jesus is your light. You are Christians - not because you do special and extraordinary things, but because Christ is your life. You are holy because his grace is at work in you.”

Praying for you!
Audrey

p.s. Click on the quote-link to read the full article. :thumbsup:

Try to remember that, even though you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, you’re still in that tunnel…you will see the light soon enough, and you will be able to find the exit. God hasn’t forgotten you, it’s just so, so much tougher to feel His prescense when we need Him the most.

Praying for you, and for those who find themselves in a similar situation to yours. Don’t lose hope, keep putting effort into finding a job. Try praying a Novena to St. Joseph. God bless you!

Our Father, who art in heaven
hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever, world without end. Amen

I will most certainly pray for you. I have been in your situation and I am still going through tough times. Just remember this: God ALWAYS hears our prayers. With God, all things are possible. There IS a light at the end of that tunnel, just make sure to keep moving forward to get to it! Wishing you only the very best and praying for a positive change very soon! :hug1:

Praying that you will soon find employment.

Praying!

Praying for you …

I will pray for you! Don’t give up hope - you never know what good things are right around the corner!

Yes, it would be a privilege to join with you and the others in prayer. Please know God loves you deeply and has His hand on you always. After all, He created you, His child. Sometimes, only in looking back on a tough situation can we see how He guided our path.
Our own son was in your situation for 11 mo. He has a wife and two babies under age two. They are still living with her parents 4 mo. after he found work. He “ran into” a former employer who lined things up for him. I pray things will fall in place for you soon and be the perfect job. Thank you for asking us for prayer. Let us all know how you are doing.

Every time we suffer, God is trying to teach us something. There is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Praying hard!

Praying for you from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Show us, Lord, the light of your mercy.

God of all, have mercy on us, take notice of us,
and show us the light of your mercies.
Make the nations fear you, who have not sought you out,
make them know that there is no God except you,
let them tell of your wonders.

Lift up your hand over foreign nations, that they may see your power –
for just as in their sight you have been sanctified in us,
so in our sight you will be magnified in them.
Lift up your hand so that they may know, as we know,
that there is no God but you, Lord.
Bring forth new signs and repeat your wonders;
glorify your hand, show the strength of your arm.

Short Responsory
Lord, let my prayer come before you.
– Lord, let my prayer come before you.
Let it rise like incense before you.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.