Could there be demons incarnate?

Can demons be born into human bodies? Would that be an anti-Christ? If so, could they be saved somehow? Or, how would that fit into the teaching that God wills every human to be saved? Now that I think of it, could this happen with an angel? I think I’m talking myself out of this as I type - that incarnation is only something God could do, as He is a Trinity. Thoughts?

No. Demons (fallen angels) are pure spirits because of their angelic nature; they cannot have a material existence.

Which of the 10 commandments did Judas break?

Hogwash! The angel standing at the entrance to Eden had to have a very material existence in order to be affective in guarding the Garden of Eden.

only God has the power and authority to create humans, so only he can cause an incarnation of anykind. And, as far as I can see in his workings with mankind in the past, it is not his will for a person not to have the free will to turn to God for forgiveness. The only execption one could argue for is the person of the Anti-Christ and scripture does not spell out if the Anti-Christ is an incarnated demon or if the Anti-Christ is merely a man demon possessed.

I don’t believe they can incarnate. I tend to think that the reason they [demons] possess people is an attempt to mock the Incarnation. It is however a shabby immitation.

ANY BIBLICAL PROOF FOR THIS IDEA?

And, as far as I can see in his workings with mankind in the past, it is not his will for a person not to have the free will to turn to God for forgiveness.

SPECULATION?

The only execption one could argue for is the person of the Anti-Christ and scripture does not spell out if the Anti-Christ is an incarnated demon or if the Anti-Christ is merely a man demon possessed

**WHERE THERE IS ONE POSSIBLE EXCEPTION, THERE CAN BE MORE. **

WE DON’T KNOW WHAT ARE EXACTLY THE POWERS AND ABILITIES OF ANGELS THAT GOD HAS BESTOWED UPON THEM. WE CAN ONLY SPECULATE. WE CAN SPECULATE THAT THE GIANTS MENTIONED IN GENESIS COULD BE THE RESULT OF A UNION BETWEEN HUMANS AND ANGELS. WHAT AN ANGEL CAN DO THRU A MIXTURE OF SUPERNATURAL POWER AND MODERN TECHNOLOGY IS BEYOND OUR COMPREHENSION.

ARE THERE INSTANCES OF DEMON POSSESSION IN THE OLD TESTMENT? IF SO THEN THAT ARGUMENT IS WITHOUT MERIT SINCE THE INCARNATION HAD NOT HAPPENED YET…

Stop typing in caps. Honestly.

I don’t actually think there are any cases in the Old Testament.

That being said whether there are or not would have nothing to do with what I said. As the Incarnation was foretold in the Old Testament times and would have been well known to any demon. Now I could still be wrong but it wouldn’t be because of the timeline of a given possession.

BTW, and this is not a dig, do you have bad vision? The reason I ask is I noticed you type in bright colors and in all caps. This would typically signify that one is “yelling” their response. If you type that way for vision then carry on, but if your typing that way because you like how it looks be aware it will make your posts come off as angry.

Again not a dig just pointing it out.

Just some information to add to the discussion.

The following statements may be taken as being widely accepted theorems concerning angelic existence:

1. Angels have a beginning, but they cannot perish; they remain everlastingly the same.

2. Angels are not subject to the laws of time, but have a duration measure of their own.

3. Angels are completely superior to space, so that they could never be subject to its laws.

4. Angelic power on the material world is exerted directly through the will.

5. Angelic life has two faculties only, intellect and will.

6. In the sphere of nature an angel cannot err, either in intellect or will.

7. An angel never goes back on a decision once taken.

8. The angelic mind starts with fullness of knowledge, and it is not, like the human mind, subject to gradual developement.

9. An angel may directly influence another created intellect, but he cannot act directly on another created will.

10. Angels have free will; they are capable of love and hatred.

11. Angels know material things and individual things

12. Angels do not know the future; they do not know the secret thoughts of other rational creatures; they do not know the mysteries of grace, unless such things be revealed freely, either by God or by the other rational creatures.

These theorems have reference to the natural state of the angel only.

Tomster

Discussion of demons CAN be extremely dangerous, please use caution. Thank you.:angel1: :angel1: :angel1: :angel1: :angel1

Stop whining, Honestly! Yes I do have vision problems. It does not help matters if a whiny cry baby reports all caps to a moderator.

Some of the forum rules are not charitable to those with handicaps.

Not necessarily. It could have used some sort of vision to keep them out.

I highly doubt that an angel would need modern technology…

Mockery can happen in advance.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen…:signofcross:

Another fine example of speculation.

I highly doubt that an angel would need modern technology…

Not unless technology is the by product of God’s creation and is part of his master plan.

Mockery can happen in advance.

So the Bad Angels have the ability to see the future?

Originally Posted by Tomster
…Discussion of demons CAN be extremely dangerous, please use caution. Thank you. :angel1

So true. And the only reason for that is Satan is the God of this realm and has 1/3 of all Angels at his disposal.

Satan is NOT god of this realm or of any. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is God of ALL creation.

God the father in Genisis looked at his creation…this “realm”… in Genisis and declared it “Very Good”. Don’t forget that!.

Please don’t give Satan a title that he does not deserve. Satan is the “Father of Lies” and has been so from the very begining. That’s the only title he is deserving.

How can it be dangerous, and how do we use caution?

Thank you for the info on angels.

Well I really do not know for sure if demons can become flesh. What I do know are the legends and beliefs of secubi, and incubi which help spawn cambions. Cambions, if they do exist, would be demons in the flesh. Look it up on google or wikipedia. You should find more info.

God speed.

Vigis

So the Bad Angels have the ability to see the future?

Who knows, however they wouldn’t need to. Remember the first mention of the foretold Christ was related directly to The Devil. As we were given our hope The Enemy was given his doom.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.