Could use serious prayer boost---custody issues, housing, protection etc

Please remember me and my 4 young children in your prayers. Custody evaluations are beginning (divorcing), and housing and finances are in complete upheaval. I have no idea what life will be like 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months from now, it’s very unsettling.

Life is upside-down and inside-out. My brain is fried, my emotions are fried, I just wish Jesus would hold me safely for a while and shield me from this storm. I “know” God loves me but it is more of an intellectual knowledge than a deep personal conviction. I don’t ask, “where is God, why is he allowing this to happen to me” etc, but I long to know him as he is—three True Persons, real Persons.

But even above being comforted and consoled, I desire to be conducive to receiving all the graces God wants to give me so that I may have the strength to do the very difficult things that need to be done to ensure a decent life for me and my kids. I want to run and hide from all this, to be taken care of, feel cherished and protected, but that won’t put food on the table and a roof over my kids’ heads.

Please pray for me to have a more thankful heart, for spiritual protection, the ability to hear God and understand his will for me throughout this trial, and above all, faithfulness.

Thank you in advance, I pray for the board intentions as well.

Praying for you and your family …

:angel1:

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 68 (69)

I am weak and I suffer,
but your help, O God, will sustain me.
I will praise the name of God in song
and proclaim his greatness with praises.
This will please the Lord more than oxen,
than cattle with their horns and hooves.

Let the humble see and rejoice.
Seek the Lord, and your heart shall live,
for the Lord has heard the needy
and has not despised his captive people.
Let heaven and earth praise him,
the seas and all that swims in them.
For the Lord will make Sion safe
and build up the cities of Judah:
there they will live, the land will be theirs.
The seed of his servants will inherit the land,
and those who love his name will dwell there.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Merciful Father, look with Your unfathomable love upon Sarah and her children. Take them under your wing and protect them from the evil and snares of this world. Graciously hear the intercession of Christ Jesus on their behalf. Send Your Holy Spirit to accomplish all good that You intend for them. Grant them an increasing faith in Your trustworthy promises. Lord, You conceived of each of them from all eternity as an irreplaceable part of Your Divine plan. Do not abandon them in their hour of need, but arrive amongst them, bringing peace and comfort as they await the next revelation of Your plan. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Amen.

Praying for you this moment!

Thank you all for the prayers! Praying for you too.

+JMJTJ+

Wow; you have echoed every sentiment my daughter felt this past summer; I feel for you!
Through the grace of God they did reconcile (after filing), but we are cautiously optomistic.

You will certainly be in my prayers!

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you and your children +

Father I ask Your merciful love and healing for Sarah and her family. Father, I honour You for the wise and faithfilled prayers and desires of this good, faithful woman. Her sadness and her anxieties are real and deep, please let Your love and tenderness penetrate to her deepest self.

Please help Sarah and her children as they face the future, and grant that custody issues will be resolved in the best interests of the children.

Sarah, my heart goes to you.
God bless you, Trishie. A hug from my heart.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.