Council of Trent document

I hate to ask but could someone please point me to the Trent document that is reaffirming the canon of scripture. I have read it here many times but im looking for it in the Trent document itself.

Peace!!

Hi!
…here’s what I’ve found:

List of Books, including the Catechism: @ amazon.com:

(amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ACouncil%20of%20Trent)

Description of what transpired:

The Council of Trent (Latin: Concilium Tridentinum), held between 1545 and 1563 in Trento (Trent) and Bologna, northern Italy, was one of the Roman Catholic Church’s most important ecumenical councils.[1] Prompted by the Protestant Reformation, it has been described as the embodiment of the Counter-Reformation.[2] Four hundred years later, when Pope John XXIII initiated preparations for the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), he affirmed the decrees it had issued: “What was, still is.”[3] (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Trent)

The complete text:

THE BULL OF INDICTION
OF THE SACRED OECUMENICAL AND GENERAL COUNCIL OF TRENT
UNDER THE SOVEREIGN PONTIFF, PAUL III (history.hanover.edu/texts/trent/trentall.html)

Maran atha!

Angel

Why do you hate to ask? You needn’t.

If you are asking for the name, it was Decretum de Canonicis Scripturis, which is often cited as De Canonicis Scripturis. You will find in the fourth session of the Council, that is in the Spring of 1546.

If you can read Latin…

vatican.va/archive/bible/nova_vulgata/documents/nova-vulgata_appendix_decretum-can-script_lt.html

Thanks Don.

I hated to ask because i feel certain this had been covered before but i just couldnt or dont know how to find it in the old threads. Maybe it hadent. The vatican links helps.:thumbsup:

Peace!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.