Council on American-Islamic Relations on the San Bernardino massacre: 'We unequivocally condemn this horrific act'

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) held a press conference Wednesday night to address the mass shooting that left 14 people dead at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California.

CAIR executive director, Hussam Ayloush said, “We unequivocally condemn the horrific act that occurred today.”

businessinsider.com/council-on-american-islamic-relations-san-bernardino-shooting

Nice of them to say so, but do we even have confirmation that the shooters were Muslim Radicals?

There are two categorizations here that must be confirmed. Were they Muslims? That has been confirmed. Were they radicals? Well, they plotted and carried out the shooting up of a county employee Christmas party. Sounds radical to me.

When I wrote that it hadn’t been confirmed they were even Muslim. However now it’s pretty clear that they were Muslim Radicals. The FBI hasn’t said they were terrorists yet, but it’s clear they were. I mean they’ve been described as having an “IED factory” in their house.

But on the main topic, glad to see the Council on American-Islamic relations come out and condemn this almost immediately. :thumbsup: Just wish all their adherents were as rational in their thinking.

I’m curious how CAIR was able to identify the terrorists, locate and contact a relative of the terrorists, set up a press conference, and do it all before the police had held a press conference or officially announced who the terrorists were.

Really quick turnaround. Wonder if they knew the family, because that is some ridiculously fast organizing.

They had the names. Really that was all they needed I would think to be prompted to release something condemning it. Assuming they waited for that even. Condemning a shooting is just a good idea since there is no such thing as a good mass shooting. All-American or Islamist.

I heard from El Rushbo that CNN just reported on it.

There’s evidence the suspects were inspired by radical Islamists.

pretty obvious. on top of that, all the evidence found at the house.

I was wondering that too.

I watched the CAIR press conference last night and felt really bad for them. This is their community, too, and it was clear that they were experiencing the same shock and grief as other residents of the community but mixed with fear that there would be backlash against them. Sending prayers of healing to the entire community of San Bernadino today.

Yes again, that’s new evidence since I wrote what I did. It’s clear that they were radical islamists now. And that they likely had ties to suspected Islamist terrorists inside and outside the US.

According to the media…Saied Farouk was a devout Muslim… so his actions could reflect on the Muslim community here so I can understand why there is an official statement to disavow this attack on the part of the Muslim community.

The events yesterday are close to my home… and I used to work at the Regional Center in San Bernardino some years ago.

I do feel it’s likely Farouk was somehow “radicalized”… It’s important to remember though that Islam has various groups and some are opposed to taking innocent lives. I’m reminded of a statement by Ali ibn abi Talib condemning taking innocent lives…

*“Beware of the sin of shedding blood without religious justification and sanction because there is nothing quicker to bring down the Wrath of Allah, to take away His Blessings, to make you more deserving of His Wrath and to reduce the span of your life than to shed innocent blood. On the Day of Judgement Allah will first attend to sins of bloodshed carried out by man against man. Therefore, never try to strengthen your power, position and prestige by shedding innocent blood. Such murders instead of making your position strong will not only considerably weaken it but may also transfer your power totally, taking it away from you and entrusting it to somebody else.”
(Ali b. Abi Taalib, Letters from Nahjul Balaagh)

what is it going to take for everyone to wake up and smell the coffee?!

Care to elaborate?

I feel badly for them, but it’s going to take the Muslim community to somehow stop this radicalization of their religion. We outsiders can’t do it.
And it seems there’s a lot of it.

Let’s pray the Muslim community will take care of their own. Let’s sit back and see what happens. Be patient. :wink:

It may be that the American Press were asked not to give the info out, because I was watching an Australian reporter interview a guy from the neighbourhood immediately after the shooters had been killed. He was talking as though it was an official given that this was an incidence of Islamic terrorism.

Islam in the extreme minority is as cuddly as Lamb Chops.

Islam in a dominant majority is akin to the Eye of Sauron.

For all the peaceful humans out there who happen to be Muslim, it’s time for them to make a choice: join the West and abandon the murderous religion of Mohammed, or abandon the West and fully embrace Islam.

One can’t be a truly faithful Muslim and a Westerner. I pray for them, and I eagerly pray that they embrace the liberating love and freedom of Christ Jesus.

In Islam among the greatest sins is to commit murder:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said,

"The biggest of Al-Kaba’ir (the great sins) are

(1) to join others as partners in worship with Allah,

(2) to murder a human being,

(3) to be undutiful to one’s parents

(4) and to make a false statement," or said, “to give a false
witness.”

(Hadith, Bukhari Vol 9)
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.