Counselor for annulment?!?!?!?

So…

Been trying to join the Church for over 2 years. My annulment process has been a hilarious series of mis-filed paperwork, being given outdated forms, witnesses bailing, etc.

Today I got a letter saying a have to see a counselor at Catholic Charities a few times. Anyone heard of this?

Pray for me. This counselor is in another county and I have car issues and I’m currently a stuck at home homemaker. It’s going to be through someone else’s mercy I get to any appointments.

Trying not to be discouraged. I know things happen on His time. Just felt the need to talk here. Few people I can share with. (“See? This is how this church is. Ridiculous!”) The least supportive people in my life are the lapsed Catholics and I’m being bolstered most by some prayerful, godly Protestant friends who keep telling me to hang in there and offer this up.

Thanks for listening!

C.

I hadn’t heard that, but there is still a lot I don’t know.

I’m sorry for your difficulties, and I commend you on your persistence in this!

I’ll close with a prayer.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
:angel1:

My conversion/reversion had been 25 years in the making and toward the end I was desperate. I was discouraged by those that were less than helpful at one parish, so I went to the next parish over. Problem solved.

I know your own case isn’t so simple; I just want you to know you aren’t alone. Wheat and weeds grow together, truly, and those who are a part of the Body of Christ don’t always act as though they fully appreciate the reality of their position, nor do they attempt to share it with others. Jesus told us it would be so:

John 16:33…In this world you will have trouble, be of good courage, I have overcome the world.–Jesus, left a message for us :wink:

Whether you realize it or not those lapsed Catholics are watching you. Your joyful submission to the Church and patience in this trial may bring them back home. I work with many lapsed, hopeful and prayerful at all times that God will draw them back to Himself. That may be happening with your friends–and it may even be why they are cranky.

So, don’t give up…offer it up, for their return home to the Church.
Blessings,
V

A counselor for an annulment is news to me. I, too, have been trying since probably two years ago. My husband and I went to meet with the priest in January 2012. My husband was not on board when he read all the personal questions that he had to respond to.

Finally, agreed to it Spring 2013. So, I called the priest, and told him that I had everything except for my husband’s divorce decree.(My husband lost his and had to send for another one) I told him that we should be receiving any day. He told me to wait until I had everything. Received decree within three days. Called him, and I was told that he was busy with funerals. I said, fine, he can call me next week.

I have seen him several times at different church functions. He says, “Oh we have to get to get together to go over those papers.” Ball has always been in his court. He never calls. I know that he wants to leave, and maybe that is why he does not want to start it. He is waiting for a replacement, so he can retire.

Meanwhile, I wait, I guess for the next priest. I am tired of calling him. It took awhile for my husband to agree. My pastor is very busy, and I guess I am not on top of his list.

A deacon comes to give my mother communion and tells me to keep after him, as he will be leaving. I have called him, and I give up. I will wait for the next priest!

When going through the annulment process, I was sent to a counselor. It was an experience that, frankly, I could not have afforded on my own nor been inclined to pursue. And it was very healing and revealing. May your experience be as worthwhile and Spirit-led!! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.