What are you thankful for? I request that you spread the blessings to us through posting here.
I’d like to start a thread to share our gratitude for the many gifts of God in our lives. I believe there are some who call this a “gratitude list,” and I begin it in a spirit of prayer and thanksgiving.
My dear grandmother, whenever I would ask her how she was doing, would always say, “Oh fine, just counting my blessings.” She eventually lost almost all her short-term memory, but in her “dementia” she was the most loving and joyful woman, a real blessing to everyone who cared for her, even as she continued to count her own blessings (the same ones over and over because in about 30 seconds they were all new to her again! )
So here are some of the things that I am thankful for at this moment:
- playing in the dirt with my son
- my home
- the hope of daffodils in a few weeks’ time
- my wonderful students
- clam chowder soup (how I love lent!)
- the lenten season
- being able to play the piano
- the incredible sunset this evening
- warm blankets
- hearing someone call me “mama”
- being called back to the Church
- answering the call
- this computer
- this community
- pre-spring breezes
- my beloved grandma who told me stories of the saints
- my ex (my son’s father)
For these gifts, and so many others, I thank you, Lord.
Gertie (God knows my real name, and I sure am thankful for this one)