Courageous Miss California

celebrity.rightpundits.com/?p=5866&cp=all#comments

I thought she was “set up”.Whatever happened to these Ladies representing good moral character,talent,personality and beauty.Now they must indure questions that should not be asked.Miss Calif.deserves our respect.

I’m glad she tactfully shared how she truly feels instead of regurgitating some politically correct response that seems to have been expected of her, and it’s unfortunate that Perez Hilton later reacted so immaturely.

I pray that I have the same courage as she does. May God bless her.

Warmest regards,
Ben

Miss California kept her honor and won my respect.

She won so much more than a pageant title.

I agree! Yay Miss California!!! :thumbsup:

And who cares what Parez Hilton thinks? Like he even represents the average American?

Perez Hilton set up Miss California big time…how do these so called “celebrities” get picked as judges anyway. His reaction on his blog was an embarrassment and very revealing. Gay activists scream tolerance but they are the most intolerant bunch out there…this case clearly showed that radical gay activists are only tolerant if you agree with their opinion. I applaud Miss California for her courage in standing up for her convictions despite the cost.

I disagree with that, I think that the women should be prepared to answer the tough questions because these days women need to do more than look good in an evening gown
or a bathing suit.

Miss CA did a TERRIBLE job when she attempted to give an answer to the question. In the first place, she failed to answer the question -she immediately started giving her opinion on same sex marriages as opposed to whether or not other states should follow
suit with Vermont. Then she went on to talk about her country, her family, marriage of “opposites” and implied that people already have choice in the US. Her answer was awkward and inarticulate and NOT an answer to the question! If she doesn’t think the
other states SHOULD follow Vermont’s lead she certainly did NOT say that!

Miss North Carolina answered immediately, she didn’t think that taxpayers should fund
corporations and said so. There’s a big difference in the way the winner answered and the way the sore loser did.

Subsequently, Miss CA said that she was a “front runner” and went on to imply that
her VALUES were what lost her first place instead of her inability to answer a question, and where does that leave the TRUE winner, Miss NC?
I did not hear her not even ONE time , after the contest congratulate the winner, Miss NC.
Miss California is a VERY bad sport and certainly not a good role model.
Miss NC was my choice from the git go, as soon as I saw that she chose a blue dress instead of the popular white!
I hate to see her hard-earned win overshadowed by someone else’s whining about how they should have won.
And while I think that the question was valid I think that Perez Hilton was an absurd choice
for a judge, he’s rude and biased and I hope that he never gets the chance to be a judge again.

Perez Hilton is using this whole episode to promote himself. I didn’t know who he was
before this, I guess that I’m out of the popular culture loop.

As badly as I though Miss California did with her answer I find Perez equally ridiculous and he’s an old guy compared to a young girl like her.

Personally, I think that Perez is in his fourteenth minute and I can’t imagine any Gay person aligning themselves with him after this. We all have nutcases in each of our
subcultures and I certainly don’t hold all activist Gays responsible for Perez, anymore
than I hold the Catholic Church responsible for the errant priests. The activist Gays are
seeking equality not special rights. It’s a civil matter and it should stay there.

Wrong!They are seeking special rights.Its not a question of civil rights,but rather what is moral.I’m sorry if this offends you.That is not my intent.Rocky.

So true…How many will take a stand like that…the hatred of the tolerant ones was so chillingly apparent…tolerance is a two edged sword but these PC ers refuse to leave another ‘choice’ in personal habits etc to others…this is but a hint of what is happening and all condoned by the establishment media…as Patrick Henry declared: “why are we here silent…the enemy is allready in the field…their chains can be heard clanking etc etc” yes now we know what was meant by the slogan…Change during the last campaign…it was misspelled…it was supposed to be “Chains” chains on free thought and following ones religion without penalty…the clock is ticking…

Don’t be too harsh on your judgement of her.

I bet she had no idea this was coming. I certainly didn’t expect this kind of question would be asked in the pageant because this kind of question only sparks hatred. You either hate her or love her…as you can see.

I doubt Miss CA was prepared for this. Sure she knows what’s right and wrong but as for wording it intelligently, it would required a bit more time. Beside, you wouldn’t have any idea what went on in her mind. For all we know, all the time she got was deciding if she should speak the truth or lie about it, cuz she knows she’d be hated.

NC question was nothing compared to hers. What with the economy and what have been reported in the media daily, a person cannot be that ignorant about taxes and bailouts.

Think she got the gut to answer truthfully as something as controversial as gay marriage

For someone as young as Miss CA, she should be applauded for her courage.

Perez called her a dumb *****. Well he’s a dumb ***z for asking.

What he expect…that all the pretty ladies would agree w/ him…even for the sake of a crown !
If he can’t handle the truth, he should zip it !

It doesn’t offend me but how do you figure that they want special rights? They just
want their unions to enjoy the same civil benefits that heterosexuals enjoy, especially in
tax benefits.

I have NO respect for Perez, his comments turned me off.
Miss CA is an adult, and she wants to be an ambassador for the US…
we’re aren’t talking Miss TEEN California here!
BUT, I think that the question was okay, it’s a hot topic and she never said that
Vermont should or should not followed by the other states.
And the question asked to Miss NC is just as controversial when you think of it, the
fact is that economists will disagree with her answer!
Some economists I should say.
I COULD conclude that Miss CA doesn’t think that Vermont should be followed by other
states, but who could possibly know from her answer? And that question was VERY
important to the contest…Miss NC was able to answer and Miss CA didn’t and
that’s why, even with the perez factor, it was fair that Miss NC won.
AND, why has Miss CA failed to congratulate the winner?
Surely can’t approve of that!

Well, the hatred of Perez was pretty apparent and he lacked objectivity.
However, most of us who are liberal didn’t approve Perez’s little temper tantrums and were turned off by them.
Please don’t judge every group by one or two nutcases.

They should not have asked her this question. It was none of their business where she stood on gay marriage.

Asking her the question was fine, the fact that she wasn’t prepared to answer the question, which is a hot topic right now, especially in California, is her own fault.

Calling her vulgar names after the show was NOT fine and Perez Hilton should pay
for that one.

TracyJ.Just curious,what is your agenda.Rocky.

An adult, like 21. People at that age are not usually so wise, especially nowaday.
I don’t expect her answer to be top notch.

And the question asked to Miss NC is just as controversial when you think of it, the
fact is that economists will disagree with her answer!
Some economists I should say.

Disagree only. I doubt they would react violently, unlike the gay group.

I COULD conclude that Miss CA doesn’t think that Vermont should be followed by other
states, but who could possibly know from her answer? And that question was VERY
important to the contest…Miss NC was able to answer and Miss CA didn’t and
that’s why, even with the perez factor, it was fair that Miss NC won.

Highly doubtful that NC won cuz of her answer. After all, no one wants a homophobic to win. Here’s a note to prove it:

Hilton told ABCNews.com Monday. “I applaud her for her honesty. However, she is not a politician, she’s a hopeful Miss USA. Miss USA should represent everyone. Her answer alienated millions of gay and lesbian Americans, their families and their supporters. She lost it because of that question. She was definitely the front-runner before that.”

His comment shows what a dim-witted he is.

AND, why has Miss CA failed to congratulate the winner?
Surely can’t approve of that!

A question so controversial as Hilton’s, who knows what occupies her mind!

It’s OK that they asked…but they better prepared for the answer !

Obviously, they weren’t…so they retaliated

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.