Courageous the Movie: Is your church doing any event?

Hi,

There is a new movie coming out on September 30th in the USA and Canada: Courageous.

Here's a link, just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, I am not endorsing or promoting this movie: courageousthemovie.com/

There are no plans for it to be released here in Australia yet. I was wondering if your church is aware of the movie, or if you are planning any sort of event around it.

Our church? No.

My husband's work is paying for all employees and a guest to attend the movie. We are going simply because with my husband's position, he needs to attend. :popcorn:

We aren't looking forward to it. We saw the movie Fireproof and it ranks as one of the 10 worst movies we have ever seen. :(

No, our parish is not planning any activities surrounding the release of the movie.

I've seen several of the other movies done by the same movie company, and I did enjoy them for entertainment purposes, but they are not Catholic and send a very Protestant point of view to the audience. If one chooses to see this movie or the others, they should be forewarned that they do not showcase the Catholic faith in any shape or form and I would be very leary if any Catholic parish planned events surrounding the release of the newest movie.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.