Cow-human cross embryo lives three days

Huge news - scary news. An embreyo that was 99% Human and 1% Cow was cultivated and kept alive for 3 days. Is that a human life?

news.com.au/story/0,23599,23476268-38200,00.html?from=public_rss

Huge news - scary news. An embreyo that was 99% Human and 1% Cow was cultivated and kept alive for 3 days. Is that a human life?

news.com.au/story/0,23599,23476268-38200,00.html?from=public_rss

If it lived, is there an eternal soul there?

This is from the article.

**The Catholic Church in Britain branded the creations as “monstrous” - a view supported by Caroline Chisholm Centre for Health Ethics director Fr Kevin McGovern.

“An almost-human embryo is being created and then it’s being destroyed,” he said.

"I cannot see that that respects human life or the dignity of human life.

"Human beings - or even almost human embryos - are not just things that you can use in a laboratory experiment.**

I realize that we have many posters on this forum who have a educational background in the scientific and medical fields. Perhaps they could answer why stem cells have to be from embroyonic sources. I thought that scientist were able to use sources for stem cells like umblical cords. :confused:

Huxley was a prophet. The Brave New World is nigh upon us.

No, its not a human life. Its a monster. Roanoker

This is only the tip of the iceberg. If they get a ruling that can be internationally embraced that whatever the percentage (1`%-10% or higher) can proclaim it is not human we will see a new industry formed for all sorts of vile purposes.

And the biblical event of The Tower Babylon was mild compared to this!

This is an obvious show that man wants to be God.

Secular Relativism replace God with man. That is why it needs to be eliminated. :mad:

This is a huge issue.

What I fail to understand though is the passive approach of the British Catholic laity. We are now the largest religion in Britain and as such could shoot down any government bill if we chose to protest. So my question is why aren’t we out on the streets or at least signing petitions to shoot down the new embryology bill going through the British government that will make this type of Frankenstein activity legal!?

This is a huge issue.

What I fail to understand though is the passive approach of the British Catholic laity. We are now the largest religion in Britain and as such could shoot down any government bill if we chose to protest. So my question is why aren’t we out on the streets or at least signing petitions to shoot down the new embryology bill going through the British government that will make this type of Frankenstein activity legal!?

I am totally dishearted in conftinuing reading such filth. This yells out to the high heaven for justice. Where will it end? Lord have mercy.

My computer must be glitching out. I am seeing that this post has two pages but I can’t get to the second page.:confused:

Why do you say that?

Cow+human= THIS

lol…that’s just what my mind went to when they said human cow person

So when are you starting a petition to protest this atrocity? Someone needs to do it. Why not you? :slight_smile:

Genesis 46:2
"And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night,
and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."

My sons used to love that movie so poor me has watched that cow fight scene over and over again.:crying: :stuck_out_tongue:

There are already people around with heart valves from pigs. Are they monsters?

This whole issue does point up a basic issue in terms of this sort of experimentation, and the basic question is “Is this product of our experimentation actually human?”

“Does it have a human soul?” is an even better question.

My site, listed below in my signature has links to many articles on this (very scary) subject.

I really fail to see what the big deal here is…it;s 1% cow probably less then that really.

The 1% animal DNA alters the creature as and since it is conceived with this “mix” is a deviation from God’s creation. When God created man and woman He willed a totally human DNA…apart and distinct from all other creatures.

I absolutely agree that He willed a totally human DNA.

But there is anecdotal evidence, even in the case of heart transplants (human to human) that when we receive “foreign” DNA, some characteristic of the donor’s “soul” end up in the recipient. The Church doesn’t teach against organ donation, but still it makes me wonder…

I cannot believe that a soul (or a portion of it) is spliced with another’s soul in a human-to-human organ transplant.

How much sense can that make and what was the criteria used to come up with that so-called “evidence.” ?

So, let’s say a cow embryo is combined with 1% human DNA…does the calf then have a soul…or a “partial soul?”

That is a stretch of colossal proportion. Do you have a link?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.