Craters and asteroids?!?!

I have had a thought,we are on this earth as a test,we determine where we go in the end(heaven or hell),i ask,why would god allow huge asteroids to hit the earth?

Like every 5 hours an asteroid hits the earth,i mean why would god allow the universe to harm us?

That great big crater hole in a country i can’t remember the name of:o but i mean,why would god allow something that disatrious to hit us?you would think we would at least be protected from the unknown universe…wouldnt you say?

[quote=godsent]I have had a thought,we are on this earth as a test,we determine where we go in the end(heaven or hell),i ask,why would god allow huge asteroids to hit the earth?

Like every 5 hours an asteroid hits the earth,i mean why would god allow the universe to harm us?

That great big crater hole in a country i can’t remember the name of:o but i mean,why would god allow something that disatrious to hit us?you would think we would at least be protected from the unknown universe…wouldnt you say?
[/quote]

As long as we are in the flesh we are subject to the natural forces of the universe. Having said that, though, have you ever considered that God has protected us from the worst scenario of a ELE (extinction level event) asteroid hitting us? Besides, St. Peter tells us the world will end in fire. A big asteroid hitting the earth would certainly end the world in a fiery blaze.

Just remember, when you start asking why God would allow asteroids to strike the earth, you will end up asking why God allows suffering and death. That is, why is earth not paradise?

Whether it is an asteroid striking the earth, or a child scraping her knee, it all comes down to the question of why God allows any suffering and death.

I don’t know the answer to that question. I think it has something to do with bringing out the self-giving love in us. Given our current nature, we would all be uncaring, self-absorbed monsters if nobody ever needed our help, and if nothing we did could ever harm anybody (physically or emotionally). Given our fallen nature, such an existence would be a disaster for us! We would become less Christ-like, not more. Suffering and death help to lead us to become more Christ-like, more conformed to the divine nature.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.