Creating places of worship for other religions

I was playing a game and one of the things that I built for the city was a Buddhist Temple. Later, I had the question in my head; is it sinful to build places of worship for other religions, even in a game?

Note: Not sure if this my OCD talking.

If creating a non-Christian temple in a game is a sin, I better RUN to the confessional. :smiley:

So you think it’s nothing to worry about, even if those religious buildings generate money for my city?

Nah. I mean, you kill people in video games, right? Do you worry about that?

Is art on line real or is it fake? I look at art and truely enjoy it. It is a real experience for me. Being destructive & killing in virtual games does not carry the results of the action to a real victum(s), but it can be close to a real experience for us. I’m not saying they are the same, but sins committed in a game can be a lesser sort of sin.

In a simulation where you are representing a government that provides church buildings as part of services for a presumed virtual population that is dependent on you then I’d say you are representing your population well. This is why the game rewards you. This building of churches that you don’t believe in is not a sin in the context of the role you are playing. This sort of role in the game would be a good role even in real life because a civic leader should serve all their people. This is not true for an intrinically evil thing, but buildings for any non-evil religion would not be intrinsically evil.

Funny thing is that it was specifically the Simpsons: Tapped out game :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I thought the same thing when I built it. After all, several characters are Buddhists, and I already built the church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.