Creation with evolutionary aspects?

Granted I might be looking to deep into what was meant but, Could someone more fully explain this therory to me? How much evolution is in this therory?
Thanks and God bless.

Apparently I’m just not getting this whole discussion, but it seems to me that the methods by which various species arose has nothing to do with the fact that God created the universe and mankind.

I think what they are saying is that God’s plan of creation has been to bring about the world as we know it today by what may appear to be random selection and evolution of new species as well as geologic changes. I am not sure if this is what they are calling intelligent design. Our biggest controversy arises because some insist that what is theological knowledge has to be looked at as science which doesn’t work as the disciplines are perhaps complimentary but very different.

[quote=Montie Claunch]Granted I might be looking to deep into what was meant but, Could someone more fully explain this therory to me? How much evolution is in this therory?
[/quote]

One of the problems I see with discussion about “Intelligent Design” is that there are at least two versions of ID around. The first is not very controversial - that the universe was designed by an intelligent being. This version is accepted by theists everywhere though not by atheists. The second version is more controversial - that there are certain biological structures that cannot have evolved and that must have required the direct intervention of the designer. The second version is championed by the Discovery Institute and was involved in the recent trial at Dover. The great majority of scientists do not accept ID2, though many will accept ID1. Under ID1 evolution is merely God’s way of making lots of different species “Let the earth bring forth…”.

Even ID2 does accept some evolution, though it does vary between proponents. Those at the YEC end tend only to accept small-scale evolution like different species of dogs. Others like Behe accept the evolution of humans from ancient apes.

rossum

[quote=rossum]One of the problems I see with discussion about “Intelligent Design” is that there are at least two versions of ID around. The first is not very controversial - that the universe was designed by an intelligent being. This version is accepted by theists everywhere though not by atheists. The second version is more controversial - that there are certain biological structures that cannot have evolved and that must have required the direct intervention of the designer.
[/quote]

I agree with your assessment. I would also point out that the second can never be a scientific theory because it can never be scientifically disproved.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.