Creation

I have to say that most Christians nowadays believe in darwinian evolution. I did too until one of my best friends (who has a 176 IQ btw) told me that there really is such a thing as creation science, it’s just not taught in public schools.

Not only is there an explanation for creation, but there are huge gaping flaws in evolutionary theory.

I found this, I hope you guys will at least read and consider it. Please do not post and waste my time if you aren’t even going to bother to read this. ** I cannot direct link it so please go to this page and click on Creation.** Thanks.

[quote=Christian4life]I have to say that most Christians nowadays believe in darwinian evolution.
[/quote]

Darwinian evolution says that evolution is unguided and has no ultimate purpose. I dare say that most Christians don’t believe in Darwinian evolution; rather, they believe in theistic evolution, where evolution is guided and has an ultimate purpose.

There is more to it than that, again please don’t waste my time if you aren’t even going to read the page I found.

There is a lot more to Darwinianism than unguided evolution that is wrong. Even Darwin himself admitted that some of his theories were completely made up. Evolutionists have yet to prove how man evolved from monkeys, or anything of the sort.

From the site:

Are there any other “fatal flaws” in the theory of Evolution. Yes. Here are four:

1. The Problem of the Protein Molecule: If it were possible that we all evolved from an original single-celled organism, and even if we accept the necessary notion that for that to happen, amino acids somehow had to emerge from an original “chemical soup” (which is highly questionable), what are the chances that the correct amino acids could randomly assemble together to produce a single protein molecule which in turn led to the first single-celled organism?

[emphasis added]

The key problem that the website poses for Darwinian evolution is the apparent improbability of random events creating complex structures. Theistic evolution solves that problem by proposing that the events were not random, but where guided and controlled by God.

Hello ~

In your profile, you list “research” as one of your interests. Along those lines, there are a few books you might find helpful:

Robert Pennock, Tower of Babel: The Evidence Against the New Creationism (MIT Press, 1999).
Kenneth Miller, Finding Darwin’s God: A Scientist’s Search for Common Ground Between God & Evolution (HarperCollins, 1999).
Karl Giberson, Worlds Apart: The Unholy War Between Religion & Science (Beacon Hill Press, 1993).
Keith B. Miller, Perspectives on an Evolving Creation (Eerdmans, 2003).
Edward Larson, Evolution: The Remarkable History of a Scientific Theory (Random House, 2004).

Each of these books, with the exception of Pennock who’s an agnostic (though a fully-qualified philosopher of science), is written by a Christian (Kenneth Miller is an orthodox Catholic), and each takes into account the theological implications of one’s approach to science. Any Christian with a genuine interest in the relationship of faith to science will want to study these excellent books.

The essay you cited lists four common “flaws” in evolutionary theory, all of which have been thoroughly answered, and soundly refuted, in the books mentioned above. Certainly, before making up one’s mind on these issues, one should have a full understanding of all sides of the supposed controversy. To simply embrace this essay’s claims in an uncritical manner would, it seems to me, be to fail to “love God with all of one’s mind,” as Scripture commands.

May God bless you as you seek his truth.

In Christ,
Donald

Hello

I believe Atheist use the darwin theory, for they do not want to admit that God exists, if evolution did happen it is through God.

DNA is good thing to prove that there must be a divine being.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

DD and SIL are both scientists, teaching and working in their fields, and they get all kinds of journals. While flipping through one of these academic journals I saw the words “intelligent design” and “creation science”. could not make head nor tail of the article, but the abstract said, to paraphrase, that there has never been any fossil evidence discovered which proves the theory of evolution. a sidebar to the article listed the types of evidence which would have to exist to prove the theory, none of which has been discovered.

existing evidence supports species differentiation but there is no scientific proof of one species developing or evolving into another distinct species.

naturally, this floored me, so I asked them about it. They said sure, everybody knows there is no evidence, any more than there is evidence for the theory of relativity, although bits and pieces are discovered from time to time that seem to support it. They act like this is common knowledge in the scientific community, but since nothing as comprehensive as evolution theory has been proposed to explain all the aspects involved, it is just accepted. go figure.

[quote=puzzleannie]DD and SIL are both scientists, teaching and working in their fields, and they get all kinds of journals. While flipping through one of these academic journals I saw the words “intelligent design” and “creation science”. could not make head nor tail of the article, but the abstract said, to paraphrase, that there has never been any fossil evidence discovered which proves the theory of evolution. a sidebar to the article listed the types of evidence which would have to exist to prove the theory, none of which has been discovered.

existing evidence supports species differentiation but there is no scientific proof of one species developing or evolving into another distinct species.

naturally, this floored me, so I asked them about it. They said sure, everybody knows there is no evidence, any more than there is evidence for the theory of relativity, although bits and pieces are discovered from time to time that seem to support it. They act like this is common knowledge in the scientific community, but since nothing as comprehensive as evolution theory has been proposed to explain all the aspects involved, it is just accepted. go figure.
[/quote]

I’d be interested in the name of that Journal if you can find it.

Peace

Tim

There are tons of quotes from evolutionary scientists which show how little they can prove about thier own theories.

I found some very interesting ones on this site:

evolution-facts.org

I have trouble with the idea of trying to combine Christianity and evolution for 2 reasons:

1. Evolution, from all I’ve read, is a bogus theory. They lack evidence and most seem to be Atheists or agnostics who just HAVE to believe that creation did not happen.

2. I have only seen bad things come out of the evolutionary theory and all that goes along with it. Hitler’s eugenic philosophies, Margaret Sanger’s eugenic philosophies, Athiest Stalin and Marx, all seemed to revere Darwin QUITE highly and admire his ideas no end. I certainly can’t say the same for people like Mother Theresa or Martin Luther King Jr. I think it is the one thing that has had the LARGEST negative affect on all of the world since Satan slithered into the garden.

[quote=Christian4life]There are tons of quotes from evolutionary scientists which show how little they can prove about thier own theories.

evolution-facts.org

I have trouble with the idea of trying to combine Christianity and evolution for 2 reasons:

1. Evolution, from all I’ve read, is a bogus theory. They lack evidence and most seem to be Atheists or agnostics who just HAVE to believe that creation did not happen.

2. I have only seen bad things come out of the evolutionary theory and all that goes along with it. Hitler’s eugenic philosophies, Margaret Sanger’s eugenic philosophies, Athiest Stalin and Marx, all seemed to revere Darwin QUITE highly and admire his ideas no end. I certainly can’t say the same for people like Mother Theresa or Martin Luther King Jr. I think it is the one thing that has had the LARGEST negative affect on all of the world since Satan slithered into the garden.
    [/quote]

[quote=Christian4life]There are tons of quotes from evolutionary scientists which show how little they can prove about thier own theories.

evolution-facts.org

[/quote]

Commenting on number 2: Religon has caused to my knowledge FAR MORE deaths, killings, murders, and wars than ANYTHING! Mankind is who we blame, not God.

actually, the majority of the quotes posted on that website are from anti evolution sources, not actual scientists themselves. darwins quote (the only REAL valid quote in the lot from an evolutionist perspective) is more than 100 years old. we know today that darwins version of evolution is wrong, that the whole process would have to be much more complex.

Here’s what i dont get… strict creationalists make an assertion that evolution COULD NOT have happened. why? because its too hard to do. what in the world makes them ever think that God couldn’t have simply chosen evolution as His method of creation? Strict creationalism is merely a self made vision to impose personal limitations on the liberty of God to select His own method. At best we can say that we were created through some means (evolution included as a possibility) and that God was involved.

“Evolution, from all [you’ve] read, is a bogus theory,” you write. What exactly have you read? Were your sources basically anti-evolutionary Protestant fundamentalist authors often writing outside their actual areas of expertise? I’m thinking here of various young-earth creationist organizations, as well as the “intelligent design” creationists. Are these your sources? If so, you lack the necessary self-education to make a truly informed decision regarding the relationship of religion to science. You haven’t yet gotten the whole picture with respect to evolution. The books I listed in my previous post (#5 above) are all major popular works in this field. Have you read any of them, even one? If not, please take the time required to really comprehend these issues before forming an opinion, and especially before expressing it in a public forum.

It is not the principle of evolution itself that has led to the cultural and moral decay you mention. Rather, it is sinful men who have drawn certain unwarranted conclusions from a legitimate scientific theory, and have projected them upon society at large. And yet, such injustices were clearly around long before 1859, when The Origin of Species was first published. Simply read the Bible; they’re on virtually every other page.

The so-called “war” between religion and science is completely unnecessary, and is imposed upon the situation by religious people (Jews, Christians, Muslims) who desire to hold fast to certain preferred biblical interpretations, as well as by atheists and agnostics who insist on leaping to the illogical conclusion that a natural explanation necessarily rules out divine activity. On the contrary, Christians should recognize that the opposite is likewise true: a divine explanation does not necessarily rule out natural causation. My baby daughter came into existence as the result of the natural processes of conception, gestation (nine months), and birth. However, I would rightly state that she was “created” by God. Divine “creation” doesn’t necessarily mean that God “zapped” things into existence out of nothing (initial, primary matter excepted). Indeed, he most often “creates” through the agency of secondary causes.

God bless,
Donald

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.