Creflo Dollar: Jesus Died So You Can Financially Prosper

patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2015/10/12/still-on-creflo-dollars-website-jesus-died-so-you-can-financially-prosper/

He apparently died so that Creflo Dollar can financially prosper. Not, so much, his followers.

On a side note - is “Dollar” this guy’s real last name? …'cause that is just too perfect. :confused:

I wonder if they fit in between the prosperity Gospel that Jesus died for our sins.

Mary.

Yep, Dollar is his real name. He’s a name-it and claim-it prosperity televangelist. I used to see him all the time flipping channels when I had cable TV.

Thankfully, I don’t think Creflo Dollar and other leaders of the prosperity gospel are as influential as they used to be 20 or 30 years ago when the movement was more of a novelty, although there still are some adherents to it.

I think that movement is past its peak, mainly because more folks are able to see through what they are doing now and see the lavish lifestyles of the leaders, who remind me of the heads of pyramid schemes or ponzi schemes.

Here is a little background on it for those who aren’t familiar with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosperity_theology

I guess that cross we’re supposed to carry every day is made of gold! :stuck_out_tongue:

What a burden! :wink:

I think the reason is that they were a television phenomenon. Since the decline of broadcast and now Cable TV, they are relegated to streaming and social media, which means they don’t have the access they once had to a mass audience.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.