CREMATION vs BURIAL

Does the CC consider burial of the body and the cremation of the body to be equally weighted alternatives ?

Yes, burial and cremation are equally acceptable with the following conditions:

(1) the cremation cannot be done as act of denial of the resurrection of the body or other Christian tenet

(2) the cremated remains must be interred

None of these...body liquefaction is the best way to die... totally environment friendly process... i am using it for my father... for more read... cremation guide

This is the quote from canon law

§

1. The Church earnestly recommends that the pious custom of burying the bodies of the deceased be observed; nevertheless, the Church does not prohibit cremation unless it was chosen for reasons contrary to Christian doctrine.

It sounds like burial is the preferred (recommended) method.

[quote="cremationurn, post:3, topic:53061"]
None of these...body liquefaction is the best way to die... totally environment friendly process... i am using it for my father... for more read... cremation guide

[/quote]

Uh, no.

I had my dog cremated and I certainly don't see it as a sin. I would feel deeply hurt if anybody told me I sinned by how I handled my dogs dead body. :(

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.