cremation

Is cremation really recommended by the Roman catholic church?

catholic.com/quickquestions/can-catholics-be-cremated

The Church does not recommend cremation but does permit it.

CCC 2301 Autopsies can be morally permitted for legal inquests or scientific research. The free gift of organs after death is legitimate and can be meritorious.
The Church permits cremation, provided that it does not demonstrate a denial of faith in the resurrection of the body.

[QUOT]E=cairn terrier;12330259]Is cremation really recommended by the Roman catholic church?

“Recommended” NO:)

Permitted: YEAS:thumbsup: Conditionally

The ashes have to be treated with the same respect as the dead body. For example can’t be thrown in the Ocean.

I know that the Catholic Church allows it,I have seen them set up for one,at my church, but I choose too be bury in a Casket. I know that the Funeral place were I made my arrangements, said that even if you want too do it the regular way, the person,s can change it,if they feel it cost too much.or they don,t have ofen too pay for it.

Cremation is popular mostly because of economic considerations. I have seen only one casket during a funeral Mass in the last five or six I have attended. My husband and I have left instructions we are to be buried, not cremated.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.