"Cristiada" release date set

For those of you who were looking forward to the film “Cristiada” (about the efforts of devoutly Catholic peasants to resist the destruction of the Catholic Church in Mexico at the hands of atheist totalitarians), it has found a distributor and will be released in the United States on June 1, 2012. (The title of this post is a little misleading, as the film has been renamed from “Cristiada” to “For Greater Glory.”)

They released a new trailer for the occasion, too, which I think is worse than the original one, but oh well.

Eva Longoria’s in it? I’m so there. :slight_smile:

Forum moderator: Popular Media?

If you are in Mexico, you can see it even sooner. It opens there on April 20th.

In the US, the movie is scheduled for only an limited release to the theaters, so this may be a film you will have to watch at home.
imdb.com/title/tt1566501/

im planning to see it,just saw the trailer today on spanish tv,where the pope was officating the mass.

Are you in Mexico or some other country? I read somewhere that the title for the film, when it shows in Mexico, is still Cristiada. Since you just saw an advertisement for it, could you tell us that is true?

I posted earlier that the film was scheduled for a "limited release’ in the US. That term is rather vague since it could refer to as few as two theaters. However, it seems the US distributor has ordered 700 prints of the film and the Mexican distributor has ordered 500 prints. So that isn’t so bad. :slight_smile:

Source
hollywoodreporter.com/news/mexican-war-drama-cristiada-us-distribution-arc-298550

Thanks for the heads up on the release date and title change, I’ve been waiting to see this for a while. It will be interesting to see how the mainstream press reviews it!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.