Critique or expand my salvation understanding

Here’s my understanding of salvation. Critique or expand on it.

Jesus Christ died to reconcile mankind to God the Father. He did this by dying on the Cross and rising again. As a result of this salvation was made possible first of all by grace administered through the sacraments, and secondly by a lifestyle of faith manifesting itself in love.

What do I need to add or change to this? Thank you.

-Joe

Add a comma! :wink: and a period with some more verbiage. :cool:

…As a result of this, [comma!] salvation was made possible. [period!] This salvation [verbiage!] was first of all by grace administered through the sacraments, and secondly by a lifestyle of faith manifesting itself in love.

Now I understand it.

And, as a critique, maybe change the last sentence to:

…hmmmmmm

the more I read it, the more I like it.

However, a lifestyle of faith…hmmmmmmm. :hmmm: Doesn’t sound quite right. :confused:

OK I know what it is. :idea:

besides being administered by the sacraments, grace is continually poured into us.

So lets say this:

Jesus Christ died to reconcile mankind to God, His Father. He did this by dying on the Cross and rising again. As a result of this, salvation was made possible. This salvation was by grace, supernatural help given us by God to live as His children would and should, ie, just as His Son did. This grace was first of all administered to us through the sacraments, and secondly, produces in us a lifestyle of faith, manifesting itself in love, which lifestyle continually changes us to be more and more like to His perfect Son.

Through this we are rewarded at death with Eternal Life in the presence of God, who is Goodness and Love itself.

peace
steve.

I just wanted to check my understanding. Thanks.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

peace
steve

To “expand” your understanding of salvation you can always go to the official teaching of the Church, the Catechism of the Catholic Church

scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s1c3a2.htm

The Sacramental life of the Church:

scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s1c1a2.htm
scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c4a1.htm

God bless you Joseph

Thank you Trishie:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.