Crock Pot Recipe Suggestions

I am looking new recipes suggestions for the crock pot. I usually make chili, beef stew or chicken soup and wanted to try something new. My wife hates most all vegetables, but will eat potatoes and green peppers. Thanks for the suggestions and God Bless.

This site

crockpot365.blogspot.com/

has more slow cooker recipes than anyone could possibly need.

This reminds me, I haven’t used mine in awhile. Time to get it back out.:slight_smile:

ETA and easy one that gets in some veggies in disguise, is chicken breasts, cut up if you’d like, or whole, tossed with a mixture of salsa (however hot you like), Dijon mustard about a TBSP, some Worcestershire sauce, about 2 tsps, and a touch of molasses or brown sugar, 1 tsp. Mix that and pour it over the chicken and cook in the slow cooker…I don’t know how long, until it’s done:D:p Serve over rice ( i use brown). you can also melt some cheese on it the last bit of cooking time if you like.

living in the southwest, I have grown fond of green chili chicken stew! It’s not chili. It’s more like a soup. Not for the faint of palate I’m afraid unless you get mild anaheim chilies. Here, all chilies are hot, hot, hot.

If you like barbeque pork or beef. Cut up some onions and lay them on the bottom of the pot, then add pork and water (abount of cup of water for a pound of meat maybe more, I often try to get the meat almost covered) cook on low for 6-8 hours and then pull apart with a fork, mix in sweet baby rays barbeque sauce and serve on a bun (for more flavor you could add in worstershire(sp) sause or other flavors)

pot roast

2 lb roast
chopped carrots
chopped potatoes
onion soup mix
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup

mix soups, add roast, add veggies around the sides, cover and cook in crockpot on high for 6-8 hours, serve over rice…enjoy!

Shanny beat me to it :smiley: Posting a link to the coolest blog…

crockpot365.blogspot.com/

kage I knew you would so I waited…but I couldn’t wait any longer!:D:p

market had 5qt for sale at $19, and 3 qt for $15 so I bought one today, it has 3 temp settings (my 1 qt has only one setting and it is too hot). I plan to cook meat in bulk and freeze, and especially for soups and stocks. I am getting away from using the stove and oven, too hot, uses too much electricity (got this infor from our electric co-op) and I basically cook for one.

mmmmm this sounds really good! I might have to try this, this weekend. :slight_smile:

Kevins very lucky if you cook like that all the time. I’m trying it too

I use my crock pot at least every other day, hopefully these help:

Mexican shredded beef (tacos, burritos, etc)

3-4lb beef roast trimmed of fat
regular sized jar of salsa (I use Safeway/Ralphs southwestern)
Pour salsa over meat, cook on low 8 hours or until the meat shreds with a fork easily.
Remove meat, turn the pot to high, shred meat and return to the pot for an hour.
I rarely have leftovers. for more heat simply add a bit of cumin and crushed red pepper in the beginning. I usually eat this in a tortilla with an avocado sliced up (Dairy free right now or I’d load the cheese on)

BBQ beef:
3-4lb beef roast trimmed of fat
1 can of cola
BBQ sauce
3/4 cup diced onions
1 Tsp honey
pinch of crushed red pepper (optional
Cook beef roast on low with cola until it shreds easily (8 or so hours)
Dump all liquid from the pot, shred beef with two forks, return to pot.
Add honey, onions, pepper and 1/4 tsp liquid smoke if you have any.
Add bbq sauce until there is just a little more sauce than there is meat. Cook on high for 1-2 hours. Can also be done with pork and Dr Pepper.

Cranberry beef…yes BEEF! (pork version in parenthesis)
3-4lb beef roast (or pork)
1 can jellied cranberry sauce (use whole for pork),
1 tbl dijon mustard. I used honey dijon because I had it
1 packet onion soup mix.
1 can mushrooms (omit if pork)

Place onion soup mix in the bottom of the pot, place the roast on top of it and then top with remaining ingredients minus the mushrooms. Cook on low for 8-10 hours but increase heat for the last 10 minutes. Put mushrooms in 1/2-1 hour before dinner(pork omit mushrooms). Serve over cooked egg noodles (rice if pork).

I have a great recipe for crock pot meatloaf my grandmother gave me. My husband does NOT like meatloaf, but he often requests this meal!

I have to find where I stuck the recipe, then I’d be happy to post it here for you.

*Anyone ever put fruit in a crockpot? Like take apples, raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar, and some butter and liquid…and let it soften? Would it turn to mush, you think? I am thinking of making the kids an apple cobbler tomorrow, healthier version, with less crumbles on top…but, thought of using the crockpot…what do you think?? *

crockpot365.blogspot.com/search/label/fruit

:smiley:

Italian beef =

Roast, trimmed.

I jar of pepperocinis

Some onion.

Throw it in the crock pot and cook it til the roast is falling apart tender.

Great on hoagie rolls :thumbsup:

The above blogger, Stephanie O’Dea, recently appeared on Good Morning America. I just received her new crockpot cookbook today! I love my crockpots!

I will be making this soon - I bought a pork roast (Boston Butt) for .79 cents a pound last weekend. :thumbsup:

Slice up a mess of onions - about three large
Chop up about three green apples in large pieces (remove cores and seeds, no need to peel)
Put the onions in the cooker
Put the roast on top of the onions - tuck the apples around the roast
Throw in a bay leaf, some pepper corns, and caraway seeds
Add enough apple cider (not apple juice) to about half way up the roast

Cook according to timing for your cooker for a pork roast, according to the size of your roast. It should come out like a shredded pork. You can thicken the liquid a bit if you like.

A really nice alternative to sauerkraut for those who don’t like it or can’t eat it. I serve this over egg noodles, it is a huge hit!

~Liza

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.