'Crown of Thorns' Galaxy Photographed in Space

This is very cool! The timing of this being spotted right before Good Friday and Easter makes it even more so. That is God’s perfect timing at work. :thumbsup:

" ‘Crown of Thorns’ Galaxy Photographed in Space

An unusual large galaxy with a shape bordering between spiral and elliptical has been spotted by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope."…

Entire article (it is short) and photo here: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513038,00.html

Here’s another interesting article from yesterday:

"Giant ‘Hand’ Reaches Across Space

Tiny and dying but still-powerful stars called pulsars spin like crazy and light up their surroundings, often with ghostly glows.

So it is with PSR B1509-58, which long ago collapsed into a sphere just 12 miles in diameter after running out of fuel.

And what a strange scene this one has created."…

Entire article (it too is short) and photo here: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512767,00.html?sPage=fnc/scitech/space

Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Wow! That is amazing!

Oh, I saw the AOL story as well about the hand in space image. Here’s another link to the NASA photo of the nebula surrounding the pulsar:

nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1323.html

You get the Astronomy Picture if the Day, every day here, and see for yourself all the wonders and beauty our wonderful God has given us. Some of these pictures can really take your breath away.:):thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the larger image. It is awe-inspiring! Very cool, indeed!:thumbsup:

I’m going to browse the site right now. Thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Both of these wonders are truly awe-inspiring! Praise be to God!

Amazing…“The heavens declare…”

both are great. personally i like the hand better. made me think of the hand of God reaching out to make a new star.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.