Crying over the happy ending

Comedies, fairy tales, any book or movie with a picture-book happy ending…

Anyone else do this?

Any idea of why it makes you cry?

i cry every time i am blessed to be at Holy Mass when Jesus calls us “Beate Qui Ad Chenum Agni Vocati Sunt!” (Happy are those who are called to His Supper!)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

They make us cry because we want our lives to be like them!

I have absolutely no idea why they make me cry. Because I am a very emotional person? (I am) And overwhelming sense of happiness overcomes me? Probably. I cry when others are in pain, so maybe it’s because they aren’t feeling pain, that I cry for all the others that are…I don’t know. lol now I feel like I’m rambling…:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m fairly sure it’s because I’m a true romantic sap. It’s also why I write romances. That awwwwww feeling can’t be ignored!:smiley:

I absolutely bawl everytime I watch the end of The Wedding Singer. I told one of my friends and apparently this is crazy. :shrug: It’s just the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen, is all.

I cry at happy endings. My roommate makes fun of me. We were watching “Enchanted”, and I was bawling.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.