Culpability of indifference

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith said, “The Christian will always prefer the path of dialogue and joint action.”(Libertatis conscientia, 77; March 22, 1986) Now, there is a number who “not knowing the justice of God, and seeking to establish their own, have not submitted themselves to the justice of God.” (Rom 10:3) They might in some way be called progressives. But the Church knows that real change happens from souls of heroic virtue: “he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit” (Jn 15:5) But inherently those souls are persecuted: “all that will live godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution.” (2 Tim 3:12) And so, my question is explain in some way the blame that falls on the indifferent soul who thoroughly neglects to “prefer the path of dialogue and joint action.” Are indifferent souls to blame, in some way, for the persecution of the just?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.