Culture of Death

My wife and I announced our third child and the negative comments, almost open hostility has been totally unexpected. This has put my wife under a great deal of emotional attack (as well as myself).

Can you all please pray for my wife and myself?

God bless you all,
Ut

Good Lord, forgive them for they know not what they do. As a person myself who had similar, the pain experienced lasted and lasted too long. The scar of the wound reopens occasionally still even though forgiveness was given many, many times. I still need to learn to forgive them when sad memories invade my thoughts. Please, good Lord, protect these two parents from the slings and arrows. Help them rely upon each other and show them how this will eventually strengthen their faith in You. Help them on their journey and help them learn the greatness of Your forgiveness and how their forgiveness can also thus be uplifting.
It is only through Jesus’s name that we can even approach you. Praise You for Jesus. Praise You for your chosen, Full of Grace. Thank you. Amen

I consider a child a blessing. Congratulations to you and your wife. Ignore the ignorant and enjoy your blessings!

Agreed, and if it were just me, I would do just that. But my wife is so senstive to their comments that it is hurting our marriage. I truly see this as a force of evil in our lives.

God bless,
Ut

**Too often what keeps us from strength, is not an actual weakness, but discouragement about the weakness.

Do not worry for they do not know what they are doing. God wants us to take all of our problems to him.

Praying for peace and peace of mind

Bless you**

What a blessing! Congratulations!! I will pray that this baby is a source of much joy in your family and also pray for the others who have caused your wife distress.

It does indeed sound like a cross to bear in your life. I am sorry to hear of such hostilities over God’s gifts. There will be great healing in the whole Body of Christ if you successfully bear this cross. I pray you both will.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :harp:

Prayers comin’ your way…Ave Maria, gratia plena…

Peace,

Gail

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 138 (139)

For you created my innermost being
as you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I will praise you, for you made me so wonderfully:
so wonderful are your works,
so perfect your knowledge.

Even my bones were not hidden from you
as I was being created in secret,
put together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw me before ever I was completed.
All my days were written in your book
before any of them came into being.
Your thoughts, O God, are precious to me:
precious above all things and too many to count.
If I try to count them, they are more than the sand:
if I come to an end, still I am with you.

Look into me, God, and know my heart:
examine me and know my paths.
See if I am wandering on ways that lead nowhere,
and set my feet on the path to eternity.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Amazing (but not really surprising, unfortunately!).

I am praying my rosary for the Culture of Life to take over.

:crossrc:

I will pray that this evil force will have no power over your family.
We had two children and a third would have been a blessing, but due to my health we could not have a third. Never listen to to the culture of death, in your later years you will be happy to have your children, each and every one of them. They are a gift from God.

:signofcross: Praying

Dear Mother Mary, Please ask of God the Father assistance for this couple. Please ask that UT be granted the ability and time for gentleness toward his wife. Let him be able to listen for her to unload. Let him be able to reassure her his unending love. Let him help her appreciate this child as he does, and safely lead her away from the comments that hurt her so. Let him give the positive comments that she needs to turn around and start anticipating the birth. Thank you for UT in his wife’s and children’s lives. Amen

Oh my goodness. Hostility over a third child? We noticed 15 years ago that the fifth child was the magic number that caused people to stare at us in public. Apparently things have gotten worse.
When my wife was expecting our seventh, she responded to a comment (“You’re not pregnant AGAIN, are you?”) by opening her eyes wide and saying, “Why in the world would you say such a thing?” The rude person backed down in a hurry.
Think about the Beatitudes. Clearly our culture runs contrary to divine truth. Therefore we need to be counter-cultural.
I would suggest your wife try avoiding rude, unpleasant, ignorant people as much as possible, until she can handle it better emotionally.

i’m the 3rd child in **my **familie - what on earth are those people complaining about!?!?

holy Angels, pray for this family

So the source of the negative comments and the conflict is my side of the family. They contracept and they sterilize themselves. Essentially our living out of the Catholic understanding of human sexuality implicitly conflicts with their views. The lightning rod for the conflict is my mother who is senstive to all kinds of conflict, expecially the implicite kind. She feels that she can’t say anything to us without our blowing up at her. We have just had a big discussion where I was forced to explain to her explicitly all the ways in which her comments were treading on very sensitive ground because of our differences in how we understand our human sexuality.

I ask for your prayers to help heal the rift between my family and myself and my wife. That my family might learn to respect and be sensitive to our differences, and eventually come to believe that we’ve made the right choices in following the catholic teaching on human sexuality. I pray for a victory on the side of the culture of life with my family and especially that my wife may be able to respect herself and the choices we’ve made for life, and that I would not hesitate for a second to protect her from the evil influences that come from my side of the family, even if that means alienating them for good (God prevent this from happening if at all possible).

God bless,
Ut

Praying for you and your family.

Congratulations on the baby!

Praying for the reconciliation of your family!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.