Curmudgeons Down Under

There’s this great photo of the three of them, in 1973. A very musical family!

Left to right: Angus (aged 18), Malcolm (20), George (27).

Angus was a teetotaller all his life. I suspect with every passing year he more congratulates himself for that decision.

Why can’t I be both? :angry: & :sob:

Now that is a Curmudgeonly answer. Well played.

I’d like my signed copy in the post ASAP ,in time for Christmas please .I need a good story to read,
:slight_smile: how are you celebrating?

Well, for a start, here’s freshly made Mudgie coffee. You might be able to detect the unmistakable aroma of the pine needles I scooped up from the Home Depot parking lot where they are selling Christmas trees.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

I celebrated by eating ice cream, and watching the Broncos on their way to another loss.

In a few minutes I’m heading out to the coffee shop to meet with other lunatics… I mean, “writers” to work on actually finishing this thing.

But I’m tired and I don’t wanna. :angry:

Now look what you’ve done, @christofirst, you’ve made the lady cry, and just as she was about to complete The greatest novel since The Pilgrim’s Progress

You, Sir, are no gentleman.

:angry::angry::angry:

That may be, but tears do seem come pretty easily for her

I was the same way, every time I finished an electrical job.

Yeah because you didn’t die. :roll_eyes:

:zap::zap::scream::zap::zap:

I’m going to make a burnt hair scented candle and name it @Christofirst :candle:

Tears of joy! You should have seen the waterworks the day I retired!

I’m gonna retire and live inside the dumpster behind Catholic Answers. Hopefully, I’ll still get WiFi…

Like Oscar the Grouch! I wonder how often they order pizza or doughnuts at Catholic Answers? The leftovers should keep you well nourished.

D621BE70-89C3-45BF-A939-AED7D42A61BC

Bob Ross! I grew up watching him!
That ol’ Hippie

I would read this book

Catholic Answers HQ is in El Cajon, I think. I’ve often thought of driving over at lunch since that would only be 15-20 minutes from work assuming no accidents on 8. Haven’t done it yet.

When my dad was a wee lad, he lived with my grandma in San Diego from 1930 to 1937 while Grandpa was serving in the Navy.

Sandy Eggo is a fun place. In the 30s, it was way smaller than it is now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.