Curmudgeons II : The Breakfast Club

Happy Birthday Katy!!!

Ok. Pizza is served. We have two pizzas finished. Each one was carefully cut into 8 slices. That means each slice is about a pound of pizza. Lots of nice veggies and meats, although there’s a 4 slices of veggie only. We made one of them with meats on one half only. Fresh veggies and freshly prepared meats. (no spinach, though). Three kinds of cheese. Sis always makes sure there’s 120 pieces of pepperoni on each pizza, and we got the sausage specially ground for us at tip top meats. (Look it up-it’s in Carlsbad).

Enjoy, and again, Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday Katy, and nice to meet you :slight_smile:

Pizza Party!!! Turn down the lights and let’s watch some old movie.

I vote “Casablanca”!

Thank you for all the kind birthday wishes.
You may now get back to being grumpy; you don’t want to lose your groove.

Nah, I had to come back and give you a proper hug and birthday wishes!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

God’s richest blessings to you and yours during this upcoming year!

Just having breakfast coffee and toast with marmalade …
I’ll save the dregs and crumbs,add a few pints of water,see what I can find when I sweep the kitchen floor,add that and brew it till you people finally wake up !:rage:

Great. Been waiting for some. Don’t forget to add the leftover pizza and since we had a birthday party, add a couple jelly fish for their anti aging properties.

Every so often, a whole bunch of jellyfish wash ashore here as though they’ve forgotten where the water is. I’m not sure I want their phenomenal memory :angry:.

About as pointless as the pair of little wrens here battering their heads at their reflections in the window and car mirrors.

Yup, very similar. There is a medication, non prescription, that touts bazillions of percent improvement in memory… and contains a miracle ingredient found in jellyfish. Thus the jellyfish.

Speaking of jellyfish, do you folks who live near the ocean actually go swimming in it? I mean there are some totally alarming things in there that can harm and kill you and they do get near the beach, right? The last time I swam in the ocean was when I fell off my cousin’s boat in the Gulf of Mexico. That was over 4 years ago. The fact that I live about 8 or 9 hundred miles from an ocean may have something to do with it, but I’m OK with it being that far away.:grimacing:

My son surfs, but I haven’t actually gone in the ocean for many years. I used to though, all summer when I was younger.

Yep. I don’t swim, but I’ll wade out into it. I’ve walked along the edge of the lagoon and found dead jellyfish that got carried in and not carried back out.

As a kid we would occasionally travel to Florida. They had those nasty purple Man o War critters with tentacles that stung terribly if you touched them. Didn’t seem to stop anyone tho.

The sea isn’t too far from me…but it’s pretty open and the rip kind of scares me
that,and it’s always too cold !I loved swimming in SC last year though,warm even into the night under the moon :slight_smile:

Don’t swim too far out, though, or you will fall off the edge of the earth.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Have you ever watched the dicworld movies by Terry Pratchet ?:slight_smile: I like his sense
of humour

Just keep swimming.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit