Curse of Jeconiah?

I have read a common objection to Jesus is that Mary had the curse of Joencia. How do I refute this? Thank you in advance!

Never heard of it. Can you elaborate?

Oops! Meant Jeconiah*

You mean Jeconiah? However, Joseph was the legal father of Jesus rather than his biological father.

Jeremias (Jeremiah) 22

30 Thus saith the Lord: Write this man [Jeconiah] barren, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for there shall not be a man of his seed that shall sit upon the throne of David, and have power any more in Juda.

Jeconiah was not an ancestor of Mary.

1 Like

This assumes that there were no other ofsprings from the line of David which obviously did not happen. So this supposed curse was for the King Jeconiah who was captured and sent to Babilon with the mother wife and children.
Now if you read more you read the following:

Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days are approaching, says the Lord, when I will raise up to David a righteous branch. And a king will reign, and he will be wise. And he will exercise judgment and justice upon the earth.

So there you have it.

Peace!

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.