CWiki Anyone?

Any Catholic apologists may want to check out my new project CWiki, which is a Wiki for Catholic apologetics.

I just finished writing the software (still in beta version) and it needs contributors now. This project is dedicated to Pope John Paul II.

If you are a Catholic loyal to Rome, then feel free to make an account and I will give edit permissions to your account.

Wondering about the definition of Wiki? Its simply a way to have multiple authors of web pages able to contribute writings without any need to know how to write web pages. A good example of a Wiki can be found at Wikipedia, which is a dictionary that anyone can edit.

CWiki is a bit more closed, as I only allow orthodox Catholics to contribute to it in order to keep it authentically Catholic.

[quote=Christopher]Any Catholic apologists may want to check out my new project CWiki, which is a Wiki for Catholic apologetics.

I just finished writing the software (still in beta version) and it needs contributors now. This project is dedicated to Pope John Paul II.

If you are a Catholic loyal to Rome, then feel free to make an account and I will give edit permissions to your account.

Wondering about the definition of Wiki? Its simply a way to have multiple authors of web pages able to contribute writings without any need to know how to write web pages. A good example of a Wiki can be found at Wikipedia, which is a dictionary that anyone can edit.

CWiki is a bit more closed, as I only allow orthodox Catholics to contribute to it in order to keep it authentically Catholic.
[/quote]

Well we DO have the Catholic Encyclopedia at www.newadvent.com, but it can be hard to read, as the articles are not user friendly. I think this is a good idea and look forward to contributing myself.

[quote=Scott_Lafrance]Well we DO have the Catholic Encyclopedia at www.newadvent.com, but it can be hard to read, as the articles are not user friendly. I think this is a good idea and look forward to contributing myself.
[/quote]

While I love New Advent’s Catholic Encyclopedia, it is, after all, the 1914 edition, and a LOT happened in the Church since then. This new wiki sounds like it will be a great addition!

'thann

I’d love an account, I have a decent article I compiled on Reconciliation/Confesion that I’d love to add.

I signed up with the same username as here (RichSpidizzy) so you can check some of my various posts here to see if I am a Catholic loyal to Rome:D

[quote=Scott_Lafrance]Well we DO have the Catholic Encyclopedia at www.newadvent.com, but it can be hard to read, as the articles are not user friendly. I think this is a good idea and look forward to contributing myself.
[/quote]

Well, I’ve registered under the name Apologia100, which is the handle I’ve been using on various religious and secular boards and chat rooms for about 6 years now.

This sounds fabulous! I don’t think I’m qualified yet to edit, but will look forward to using it. :slight_smile:

I’ve given you all edit permissions, thanks.

Let me know if anything breaks, as I’m still writing new functionality daily.

:slight_smile:

OK, I added 2 new pages, feel free add to them and to edit them as you all see fit.

catholic.weathersweb.com/cwiki.php?article=Sacraments
catholic.weathersweb.com/cwiki.php?article=Penance

I never liked Wiki’s simplistic formating capabilities. Any chance you’ll add more formatting controls? (font type, font size, text alignment, etc)

[quote=RichSpidizzy]OK, I added 2 new pages, feel free add to them and to edit them as you all see fit.

catholic.weathersweb.com/cwiki.php?article=Sacraments
catholic.weathersweb.com/cwiki.php?article=Penance

I never liked Wiki’s simplistic formating capabilities. Any chance you’ll add more formatting controls? (font type, font size, text alignment, etc)
[/quote]

Thanks, those look great!

Yes, I will be adding more formatting controls in the future. The software is very much in beta version at present.

:slight_smile:

BUMP

C’mon guys… barely anybody has contributed yet :frowning:

I would contribute if I knew what I was talking about more, but alas I don’t. I’ll have to leave it to the professionals, at least for now. I’ll be sure to advertise the wiki though.

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.