Cycle and car magazines for men

My son gets Motor Trend, Car and Driver and Motor Cyclist among other magazines.

These magazines are geared toward males and some of their ads are questionable.

In Motor Trend, one ad for Skechers which is a children’s shoe company ran a full page ad with a young female in a black leather bikini and mini shorts.

Harley Davidson’s has a female in their logo bikini. Car and Driver regularly has male enhancement ads.

I guess I’ll call the magazine companies when I see the ads or call the company that puts the ad in and complain.

Well, I’m an adult and I wear Skechers. In fact I just bought a new pair of slip on’s today. Besides Skecher really markets to the Bratz crowd. Hardly the way I would want my young girls to dress.

Either way, I am not condoning the ad’s, but I can guarantee these types of ad’s are in most magazines today. In fact, I am letting my Men’s Health subscription go without renewing. It’s just loaded with suggestive photos, not to mention the sex articles geared toward’s young single men. Too bad, much of the information is actually quite useful.

originally posted by RichT
I am letting my Men’s Health subscription go without renewing. It’s just loaded with suggestive photos, not to mention the sex articles geared toward’s young single men.

The car and motor cycle magazines are not that bad. It is only occasionally but still they are there. There are a number of these magazines so I am hoping that by putting a little pressure some of them will keep it pretty free of these ads.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.