Czech cardinal warns: Muslims are conquering Europe [CWN]

Cardinal Miloslav Vlk, who has served as Archbishop of Prague since 1991, has warned in an interview that “if Europe doesn't change its relation to its own roots, it will be Islamized.”

“Europe has denied its Christian roots from which it has risen and which could give it the strength to fend off the danger that it will be conquered by Muslims-- which is actually happening gradually,” he said. Muslims “easily fill the vacant space created as Europeans systematically empty the Christian content of their lives.”

“At the end of the Middle Ages and in the early modern age, Islam failed to conquer Europe with arms. The Christians beat them then,” he added. “Today, when the fighting is done with spiritual weapons which Europe lacks while Muslims are perfectly armed, the fall of Europe is looming.”

More...

Hate to say it but that is another "water is wet" article......

Europe might become Muslim over time simply due numbers. The Muslims are having large families and Europeans aren’t having more than 2 children at most. But I would say that Europe is much more likely to return to paganism than Islam.

Out numbered, out voted, and bowled over. It’s just a matter of time.:wink:

Sounds like Belloc - “And Always Keep Ahold of Nurse, For Fear of Finding Something Worse.” (Cautionary tales for children) - is alive and well and living in Prague.

The Islamification of Europe is far more advanced than many people realise. A writer to keep an eye on is Melanie Phillips who writes for The Spectator on line. Read her article about Lawfare in Londinistan and you will understand how the west has weakened itself by implementing anti-discrimination and equal opportunity laws that allow a militant Islam to hold sway.

Melanie Phillips writes of the Judeo-Christian heritage of Europe being white anted by its own lack of moral courage. Christianity is losing its resolve and the evidence of this decline in Christian values is very evident in Holland and England. France has also had its share of trouble with last years Paris riots. The Muslims are ruthless in protecting Islam against what they percieve as insults. The murder of Dutch film maker Theo Van Gogh who made a film highlighting Islamic abuses against women and the global riots by muslims in protest against Danish cartoons which caricatured the Islamic prophet Muhammad are just two examples. The Christian west cowers against the fireceness of muslim outrage. Read Melanie Phillips and know that she and many others now refer to England's capital as Londinistan. The matter is not for laughing.
Unless Europe begins to appreciate its Christian heritage and to actually find the moral courage to defend it, then the good Czech Cardinal will be proven right.

[quote="John21652, post:6, topic:182095"]
The Islamification of Europe is far more advanced than many people realise. A writer to keep an eye on is Melanie Phillips who writes for The Spectator on line. Read her article about Lawfare in Londinistan and you will understand how the west has weakened itself by implementing anti-discrimination and equal opportunity laws that allow a militant Islam to hold sway.

Melanie Phillips writes of the Judeo-Christian heritage of Europe being white anted by its own lack of moral courage. Christianity is losing its resolve and the evidence of this decline in Christian values is very evident in Holland and England. France has also had its share of trouble with last years Paris riots. The Muslims are ruthless in protecting Islam against what they percieve as insults. The murder of Dutch film maker Theo Van Gogh who made a film highlighting Islamic abuses against women and the global riots by muslims in protest against Danish cartoons which caricatured the Islamic prophet Muhammad are just two examples. The Christian west cowers against the fireceness of muslim outrage. Read Melanie Phillips and know that she and many others now refer to England's capital as Londinistan. The matter is not for laughing.
Unless Europe begins to appreciate its Christian heritage and to actually find the moral courage to defend it, then the good Czech Cardinal will be proven right.

[/quote]

Melanie as a 'conservative' is as persuasive as she was as a 'liberal'.

And your meaningless retort is as about as persuasive as a fleas fart in a beer bottle. Your attack can’t even attract an Ad Hominem label, so weak it is.

[quote="John21652, post:8, topic:182095"]
And your meaningless retort is as about as persuasive as a fleas fart in a beer bottle. Your attack can't even attract an Ad Hominem label, so weak it is.

[/quote]

:D

And you my friend, are in the left column, second from the top! :smiley:

and as khadafi of libya said - they are doing it without firing a shot.

In Germany, where I'm from, 1 out of 4 children are born to a foreign parent. Many of them are Muslim, especially Turkish. The Germans aren't reproducing. The government pays people enormous sums of money to reproduce because they're so desperate for children. It doesn't help, though. They're closing and consolidating schools all over the country for lack of children. They jokingly call it *Rentnerparadis *(retired person's Paradise).

Italy has a fertility rate of 1.3. That means they are in rapid decline and the country is emptying of people and aging dramatically.

Only the Muslims and the few remaining devout Christians are still reproducing. This is no joke, people. This is reality and you can read about it here: impactlab.com/2008/06/29/the-severe-impact-of-europes-declining-birth-rate/

The radical Muslims half-jokingly call it womb jihad. Turns out you don't have to kill anybody to take over their country. Just wait for them to die off and then move in to an empty land. Americans are still breeding, which is why all guns are targeting us.

Yes, Americans are still breeding, but at a reduced rate which is not far above replacement level. All of Western civilization seems to have a death wish, sweetened by the propaganda from Planned Unparenthood.

[quote="JimG, post:13, topic:182095"]
Yes, Americans are still breeding, but at a reduced rate which is not far above replacement level. All of Western civilization seems to have a death wish, sweetened by the propaganda from Planned Unparenthood.

[/quote]

It's not just planned parenthood. many in the west have dropped their reverence for Christianity and replaced it with a reverence for Gaia. So now its depopulate the planet and save Gaia. The Deep Green movement has become a religion in itself and the propoganda they use includes denigrating the Judeo-Christian ethic. We all need to find the moral courage to fight this new pantheism.

I agree. The Save the Earth movement definitely has a note of paganism to it. I do believe in taking care of the environment for our children’s sake (as well as fiscal austerity) but they’ve taken it to a whole new level. Their fanaticism is actually starting to turn off people that would otherwise agree with them on questions of polution and such.

If you read the (rather long) article I posted, you can see that there’s certain things a country/society needs to maintain in order to reach or exceed replacement-level fertility in the post-industrial era:

[LIST]
*]Religious and/or nationalist beliefs
*]A strong sense of sacrifice and work ethic
*]Flexible working environments
*]Either a very generous state or a very small one
*]Strong marriages where the spouses see each other as equal partners
[/LIST]

America has the highest birthrate among these nations because it has all of those things. But our marriages are foundering, which is contributing to our declining birth rate. If you check out birth statistics for every post-industrial country, married couples have more children, on average. If people don’t marry and stay married, they die out.

Another example of Islamic militancy, Churches firebombed in Malaysia and apparently all over the use of the word Allah by non muslims.

And in another developement today, France has deported a muslim cleric who has been inciting followers in Paris area mosques to rise up against the West.

I’m not sure how much evidence people require before they sit up and take notice of the fact that while the west indulges itself with secularism, green politics and a general antipathy to its own roots, Islam is willing to be intolerant of alternative views, vigorously anti-west and aggressive in gaining the ascendancy amongst the world’s religions.

If I didn't know better, I'd assume that liberals and radical Muslims are working in concert.

The idea of Europe becoming Muslim is a total myth:

youtube.com/watch?v=wvJPfCokwmQ&feature=related
newsweek.com/id/206230
tiny.cc/FLuRW

P.S. Notice the groups putting out these paranoid fables of the "evil brown invaders" are all connected to Neo-Nazi groups. Surprise, surprise......

Interesting that one of your links references the Economist. The Economist has written about the decline of Europe numerous times (I am a subscriber to the print edition). I have excerpts from one here.

Any country that empties itself of people other than a few baby-making groups will be taken over by default, from the inside. It doesn’t mean that there will be invading hordes. Rather, the fabric of the society, the culture, will change as the makeup of the society changes. Perhaps for the better.

Muslims don’t even have to have that many children. A fertility rate of 2.1 is high enough to become a majority within a few generations. But it’s true that the Muslims have strong competition, as I noted above: devout Christians have a replacement-level fertility rate, as well. As do Hindus, Buddhists, etc. The split is not European-Muslim, it’s religious-secular.

My theory is that when Jesus refused Satan's offer and rebuked him, Satan did not stop there. Roaming, like a roaring lion, he came upon a fellow who was pleased to bow down in return for being given all of the kingdoms of the world.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.