D.N.A unknown 25 percent!

Hi im new to the catholic forums and i have a very interesting question which i would like to know more info about. I was watching a movie on the week end called doom (a bit violent but a great movie) and there were scientists talking about an unkown 25 percent of the human D.N.A is what some scientists believe to be what makes up a humans soul. i dont know if its true or not but it sounded like it was an actual fact, if n e 1 has n e info on this subject pls post. thx heaps.

[quote=melbourne_guy]Hi im new to the catholic forums and i have a very interesting question which i would like to know more info about. I was watching a movie on the week end called doom (a bit violent but a great movie) and there were scientists talking about an unkown 25 percent of the human D.N.A is what some scientists believe to be what makes up a humans soul. i dont know if its true or not but it sounded like it was an actual fact, if n e 1 has n e info on this subject pls post. thx heaps.
[/quote]

Our soul is not made of matter, nor did it arise from matter or any DNA.

[T]heories of evolution which, because of the philosophies which inspire them, regard the spirit either as emerging from the forces of living matter, or as a simple epiphenomenon of that matter, are incompatible with the truth about man.
Pope John Paul II

hurst

Recommend you don’t get your science training from the movies, bro’. Perhaps what the movie was referencing is what is commonly said to be “junk DNA”.

[quote=melbourne_guy]Hi im new to the catholic forums and i have a very interesting question which i would like to know more info about. I was watching a movie on the week end called doom (a bit violent but a great movie) and there were scientists talking about an unkown 25 percent of the human D.N.A is what some scientists believe to be what makes up a humans soul. i dont know if its true or not but it sounded like it was an actual fact, if n e 1 has n e info on this subject pls post. thx heaps.
[/quote]

It’s as true as the rest of the movie.

Peace

Tim

lol thanks guys, your probably right , but if you actually learn about d.n.a it actually throws away the myth of evolution.

[quote=melbourne_guy]I was watching a movie on the week end called doom (a bit violent but a great movie) and there were scientists talking about an unkown 25 percent of the human D.N.A is what some scientists believe to be what makes up a humans soul.
[/quote]

It’s a movie.

• Kathie :bowdown:

[quote=melbourne_guy]lol thanks guys, your probably right , but if you actually learn about d.n.a it actually throws away the myth of evolution.
[/quote]

Or if you take a couple of classes about basic biology you would learn that it actually strengthens the “myth” :rolleyes: of evolution.

And it interests me that people will gladly accept DNA and other biological inquires, but won’t accept the most founded scientific theory in biology, or science for that matter.

Whatever.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.