Dad's back problems

Hello, my dad has back problems. So much so he can barely walk or stand. The pain in constant. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Also, is there a patron saint of back problems? I tried searching but couldn’t find one.

Thanks,
David

You made me curious. I looked in my Dictionary of Saints, but could find no patron for back pain, or even for pain. I’ve had a bad back for many years, so I sympathize with your Dad. I will keep him in my prayers.

I think St. Rocco is the patron saint of the aflicted. It sounds like he could help in these two cases. Peace be with you both.

Don’t know about a patron saint, but my prayers are with your dad.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

That sounds miserable for your Dad, and for you to see him in so much pain. I hope he is able to get some medical help, and also that he can displace some of the pain.

Jesus You know how awful human pain is. Please be compassionate.
Please give relief to David’s father’s back pain. Please also relieve the effect it’s having on his daily life.
Please bless his caring son.

Dear Lord, help this poor man endure his sufferings patiently and lovingly for you. May he be completely abandoned to your will. May he know that suffering endured with you and for souls is so meritorious. If it be possible, remove some of his pain so he may find some relief. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Thank you all so much for your prayers. He has started getting shots and hopefully they will bring some relief. Until then, I’ll keep praying to Jesus to give him strength to make it through this rough period.

God we call upon You and Your many saints who throughout time have carried their cross of human pains and sufferings. We ask that they and You aid in the comfort and permanent removal of this man’s pains and betterment of health. Let Your loving touch of kindness touch this soul and aid him in his most needed recovery, Amen
:console:
Mary1173

I’ve been thinking about this, and maybe St. Paul would help for pain? He always had a “thorn in his side”. I am still praying for your Dad.

:sad_yes: I know how your dad is feeling, I also suffer from a bad back, have’nt had a nights sleep in almost a year with it . Had a mri just last week and am waiting for results. Until you suffer from a bad back you have no idea of the pain and also how it limits you in everything you do. Iwil keep your dad in my prayers. God Bless.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Jesus You know how awful human pain is. Please be compassionate.
Please give relief to David’s father’s back pain. Please also relieve the effect it’s having on his daily life.
Please bless his caring son.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.