Daily Lenten Prayer for February 26, 2009

Daily Lenten Prayer for February 26, 2009

Opening Prayer: Lord, with Your loving care guide the penance we have begun. Help us to persevere with love and sincerity. Amen.

Scripture Readings: Isaiah 58:1-9 Matthew 9:14-15

Meditation: The prophet Isaiah reminds us that our Lenten sacrifice should involve love and mercy for the hungry, the oppressed and the homeless. How often do I think about and pray for my brothers and sisters in need? What can I do to make their lives better, and to help them know how much God loves them?

Closing Prayer: Merciful Father, may the gifts and blessings we receive bring us pardon and salvation. Amen.

oblatesusa.org

Father John Madigan, O.M.I on Pilgrimage

oblatesusa.org/mami/apl.aspx?path=root/momi/GiftsofPrayer/appeals/pilgrimage

Amen

May the Holy Spirit guide us to turn away from sin. May we be able to walk with our Lord Jesus Christ. Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

“In the eyes of God our Father, pure unspoilt religion is this: coming to the help of orphans and widows when they need it, and keeping oneself uncontaminated by the world.”

**James 1:27

**Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Amen!

AMEN

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.