Daily life of a Cardinal?

I have no idea where to put this, so it just seemed appropriate to place it here. Yeah, anyways. What do you think a Cardinal does in his daily activities? Is there an autobiography out there made by a Cardinal on his life in the Vatican?

[quote="Mrmawker, post:1, topic:244399"]
I have no idea where to put this, so it just seemed appropriate to place it here. Yeah, anyways. What do you think a Cardinal does in his daily activities? Is there an autobiography out there made by a Cardinal on his life in the Vatican?

[/quote]

Most Cardinals don't work in the Vatican. They do everything a Bishop does and serve on some Vatican committees. The main difference, except during a conclave, is that they have to travel more and attend more meetings.

Ah.. I see.

You can get an idea of Cardinal Sean's activities via his blog.

cardinalseansblog.org/

It's updated once a week, usually on Fridays.

Awesome, thanks!

This might not really be related, but I was curious as to how we know what goes on in the conclave if the Cardinals aren’t supposed to talk about it. For instance, everyone knows that Pope John Paul II got elected as a compromise candidate between Siri and Benelli. But how would we know that unless some Cardinals spilled the beans?

As another example, this article notes an oath of secrecy cardinals take:

catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=39784

Thoughts?

[quote="Mrmawker, post:1, topic:244399"]
What do you think a Cardinal does in his daily activities?

[/quote]

Well, the AZ Cardinals are off right now, probably on vacations, but soon will be training again for tackles, receiving, and running drills.

The St. Louis Cardinals do some fielding, some hitting, batting practice, a game now and then...they seem to have lost today.

The Northern Cardinals are often found at bird feeders, easily identifiable by their bright red color and their crest. They tend to awaken me these mornings. They are a very colorful sight among my green trees and shrubs....

:D;):D

[quote="Catholic90, post:7, topic:244399"]
Well, the AZ Cardinals are off right now, probably on vacations, but soon will be training again for tackles, receiving, and running drills.

The St. Louis Cardinals do some fielding, some hitting, batting practice, a game now and then...they seem to have lost today.

The Northern Cardinals are often found at bird feeders, easily identifiable by their bright red color and their crest. They tend to awaken me these mornings. They are a very colorful sight among my green trees and shrubs....

:D;):D

[/quote]

Lol, way to describe the day of every type of Cardinal I couldn't care less about. :shrug:

I don’t know, those northern cardinals sound rather charming :slight_smile: Pity we don’t have any in Britain.

And thanks for the link, IgnatiusDaughtr, very interesting blog :thumbsup:

[quote="smichhertz, post:6, topic:244399"]
This might not really be related, but I was curious as to how we know what goes on in the conclave if the Cardinals aren't supposed to talk about it. For instance, everyone knows that Pope John Paul II got elected as a compromise candidate between Siri and Benelli. But how would we know that unless some Cardinals spilled the beans?

As another example, this article notes an oath of secrecy cardinals take:

catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=39784

Thoughts?

[/quote]

That is pretty interesting, hopefully simeone will chime in

[quote="PrayRosary, post:10, topic:244399"]
That is pretty interesting, hopefully simeone will chime in

[/quote]

Who knows, maybe there's a cardinal on these forums who can shed some light! =D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.