Daily Mass

Greetings,

I’m feeling drawn to the idea of attending Mass daily. I’m unable to do so before work in the mornings, however, there is a nearby Parish with an evening Mass at 5:30. I’ve usually attended church just on Sundays, and recently, Mass on Saturday or Sunday. As someone leaning towards RCIA in the Fall, however, I’m eager to learn as much about the Catholic Church as I can, including experencing the various rituals, adorations, and Sacraments.

I was wondering, does anyone here attend Mass daily as well? Has it had an immediate and significant impact on your spiritual life, and life in general? I’ve always counted on Sunday church as being sort of a pick-me-up after a chaotic, stressful, and not to mention sinful week. If I could attend Mass daily, however, I wonder what effect it will have on my life?

do it do it do it!

why not? Jesus gives His entire Self for us every day! Why not take that? Why refuse Him??

St. Gemma Galgani went TWICE a day!

you will receive sooo many graces… though, not all realized immediately, most likely later in life and maybe even after life! it is a little overwhelming at first, and still is to think that I’m able to receive the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of God Himself every day!

It will help to read books about the Eucharist to help you understand the nourishment you will receive.

Off the top of my head…

Anything by St. Julian Eymard
"The Lamb’s Supper" by Scott Hahn (this is about the book of Revelations and about how Mass is Heaven on earth… really amazing)
and the saints here always inspire… therealpresence.org/eucharst/tes/a7.html
Hmm…I know there are a TON of books out there…but I can’t think of any more!

Even if you can’t receive Communion… attending Mass and doing an act of Spiritual Communion is very beneficial, too.

Sometimes, there’s the temptation to treat it as merely routine to do it daily … but with new challenges every day, it’s never really the same experience (though there really is only one Mass, or sacrifice). In this way, it’s similar to how a rosary works. Learning to build a devotion–and true devotion, not just mere habit–is an essential part of learning to love God with our whole self.

Daily Mass ROCKS.

I started 3 or 4 years ago during Lent on the 3 mornings our parish offered it at 6:30 a.m… Monday, Thursday and Friday. Before Lent was even over, I noticed how long the stretch was between Monday and Thursday.

I am drawn to daily Mass by a force outside of myself. On the days that I am able to attend (now 4 or 5 days a week), I know that at least one thing has gone right, and that I have been able to spend some time in the presence of our loving Creator. On the days that I cannot go, I truly miss it, and know that something is lacking in my day.

I have developed a greater understanding of scriptures - hearing a homily every day instead of once a week, you are bound to learn a thing or two.

It has never become routine. My parish still has it 3 mornings a week, so on the other mornings, I attend other parishes. That keeps things interesting.

There is an informal support system, even if you only say “bye” to each other on your way out the door of others who also value daily Mass.

Somewhere in my freqent Mass attendance, I also began to receive the sacrament of confession more often than once every year or two. I believe those graces have come from attendance at Mass and the desire to be closer to Jesus. Now I’m there every month or two.

I have developed an appreciation of the Mass. We are SO fortunate to have it, and so blessed to be able to participate.

Daily Mass - a well-kept secret, a valuable treasure…I would be lost without it.

GO!!!

I attend weekday Mass on my work days. I get up early and make the 7:00 a.m. Mass at St. Pat’s in NYC. Then I walk one block to work. Very convenient and I look forward to it. If I wasn’t working, I don’t think I would be able to do it. It does help alot as I was a revert about ten years ago and started then to attend the weekday mass. It also gives me an opportunity for more frequent confession as they have confession right after each Mass - very convenient.

I just started attending daily Mass, and I cannot express how it makes me feel. I start my days with Christ and I carry Him all throughout the day! I have been much more calm and motivated and feel as though I am falling in love with God all over again! If you can attend daily I would try to do so as much as possible.

-Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.