Daily Meditation - Sunday 17August 2008 - JESUS SPEAKS WITH A SMILE?

Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Sunday Obligations
here

**Mass Readings **
here

Today’s Gospel
Matthew 15:21-28

[FONT=Arial]21 And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and cried, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely possessed by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 And he answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” 27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” 28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

[/FONT]

Meditation - EXTRACTS ONLY
[sign]

[FONT=Arial]Do you ever feel “put-off” or ignored by the Lord

[LIST]
*]At first Jesus seemed to pay no attention to her, and this made his disciples feel embarrassed. What did Jesus mean by the expression “throwing bread to the dogs”? [/LIST]

[LIST]
*]Matthew 7:6 records the expression: do not give dogs what is holy. Jesus, no doubt, spoke with a smile rather than with …[/LIST]

[LIST]
*]She also had indomitable persistence. Her faith grew in contact with the person of Jesus. Do you seek Jesus with expectant faith? [/LIST]For full text of meditation, go to HERE
[/FONT][/sign]

Psalm 67:1-7 …for full Psalm go to: HERE

[LIST]
*]

[LIST]
*][FONT=Arial]1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, [Selah] [/LIST]
[LIST]
*]2 that thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving power among all nations. [/LIST]

[/FONT]
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.