Daily Meditation - Tuesday 12August 2008 - TO SEEK AFTER THE LOST & REFLECT THE LOVE AND COMPASSION OF JESUS

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Australia****

• Op. Mem. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]St. Jane de Chantel
Check your local calendar below
here
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

**[/FONT]

Mass Readings & Meditation
Readings
[
Meditation%between%](“http://www.rc.net/wcc/readings/aug12.htm”)

Are you surprised to see the disciples discussing with Jesus who is the greatest?

Don’t we do the same thing?

[LEFT]The appetite for glory and greatness seems to be inbred in us.
[/LEFT]
[LIST]
*]Who doesn’t cherish the ambition to be “somebody” whom others admire rather than a “nobody”?
*][LEFT]Even the psalms speak about the glory God has destined for us.[/LEFT]
[/LIST]
*You have made them a little lower than God, and crowned them with glory and honor *(Psalm 8:5).
[LEFT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
*]Jesus made a dramatic gesture by placing a child next to himself to show his disciples who really is the greatest in the kingdom of God.
*][LEFT]What can a little child possibly teach us about greatness? [/LEFT]
[/LIST]

[LEFT]Children in the ancient world had no rights, position, or privileges of their own. They were socially at the “bottom of the rung” and at the service of their parents, much like the household staff and domestic servants.[/LEFT]

What is the significance of Jesus’ gesture?
[LEFT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
*]Jesus elevated a little child in the presence of his disciples by placing the child in a privileged position of honor at his right side.
*][LEFT]It is customary, even today, to seat the guest of honor at the right side of the host.[/LEFT]
[/LIST]
Who is the greatest in God’s kingdom?
[LEFT][/LEFT]
[LIST]
*]The one who is humble and lowly of heart
*][LEFT]— who instead of asserting their rights willingly empty themselves of [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]read on here[/FONT]%between%
%between%
[/FONT][/LEFT]
[/LIST]
[/FONT]

An appropriate title.

I think I’ve decided to abandon my 20 years or so of diabolism, and give Catholicism a chance. Although this doesn’t come very easily, and I don’t suspect it’ll be a particularly pleasant overall experience. But… It’s not like it’ll kill me to just give it a try.

I figure this will probably be a fairly low volume thread since Barbara posts these daily… and it seemed an appropriate place to post.

So - I’m abandoning this handle. Thanks CAF members for being as understanding as you have been.

Hasta luego

Quoting Imyrl

An appropriate title.

I think I’ve decided to abandon my 20 years or so of diabolism, and give Catholicism a chance. Although this doesn’t come very easily, and I don’t suspect it’ll be a particularly pleasant overall experience. But… It’s not like it’ll kill me to just give it a try.

I am Australian and here we have asaying “no pain, no gain” - and I dont mean to be flippant. Very often expectations and anticipations can be proven quite incorrect all the way, or partly, when we actually put a decision into effect. Things are not as difficult as one had thought and I hope that this will apply for you. I hope that The Lord will bless and protect you and grant you Peace with “give Catholicism a chance” - sounds a good move to me!

I figure this will probably be a fairly low volume thread since Barbara posts these daily… and it seemed an appropriate place to post.

Its not too often that these daily meditation threads see any action, but now and then they do. Be that as it may, my inclination would be to start another thread, you can, of course quote from the mediation if this is helpful in your thread.

So - I’m abandoning this handle. Thanks CAF members for being as understanding as you have been.

I am not too sure what you mean about “abandoning this handle” - probably a cultural divide is the reason. But it is great to read that you have found CAF members understanding.

God’s Blessings and Peace…Hope to catch up with you again in these Forums…regards - Barb:)

It’s more along the line of old habits dying hard. Particularly because I happen to have quite the affinity toward the things you all call “evil spirits”, demons etc. I don’t have any problem with them at all… Although I don’t suffer from seeing things like Christians tend to.

Its not too often that these daily meditation threads see any action, but now and then they do. Be that as it may, my inclination would be to start another thread, you can, of course quote from the mediation if this is helpful in your thread.

Nah, I don’t really feel like making it a big to-do, which is why I chose this thread.

I am not too sure what you mean about “abandoning this handle” - probably a cultural divide is the reason.

Your handle is also known as your user name. Yours is “BarbaraTherese”, mine is “Imryl”. When I say abandon, I mean retire it.

Quote:
***Originally Posted by BarbaraTherese ***http://forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_cab/viewpost.gif
Things are not as difficult as one had thought and I hope that this will apply for you. I hope that The Lord will bless and protect you and grant you Peace with “give Catholicism a chance” - sounds a good move to me!

It’s more along the line of old habits dying hard. Particularly because I happen to have quite the affinity toward the things you all call “evil spirits”, demons etc. I don’t have any problem with them at all… Although I don’t suffer from seeing things like Christians tend to.

Again I cannot quite insight your meaning "happen to have quite the affinitity towards the things you all call “evil spirits”. demons etc.:
Dictionary definition of affinity (to ensure we are ‘on the same page’)
af·fin·i·ty http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png
1.a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
2.a person, thing, idea, etc., for which such a natural liking or attraction is felt.
3.relationship by marriage or by ties other than those of blood (distinguished from consanguinity).
4.inherent likeness or agreement; close resemblance or connection.
5.Biology. the phylogenetic relationship between two organisms or groups of organisms resulting in a resemblance in general plan or structure, or in the essential structural parts.
6.Chemistry. the force by which atoms are held together in chemical compounds. *–adjective *
7.of or pertaining to persons who share the same interests: *to arrange charter flights for opera lovers and other affinity groups. *

The other point is that not all Catholic Christians or Christians generally "see things"
Apologies ! I find it very difficul to insight what you actually mean in your whole response to me.

Quote:
Nah, I don’t really feel like making it a big to-do, which is why I chose this thread.

Fair enough! With my daily posts regularly I keep an eye on the number that access these threads…and though posts into this Daily Mediation thread are quite often at nil completely…quite a few, I have noted, are accessings the threads and, I presume and assume, reading the meditation and any contributed posts.

Quote:
I am not too sure what you mean about “abandoning this handle” - probably a cultural divide is the reason.
Your handle is also known as your user name. Yours is “BarbaraTherese”, mine is “Imryl”. When I say abandon, I mean retire it.

Thanks! I tend to call them “tag” which is an Aussie term for a nickname, “handle” here is more for one’s actual name. Culture divide:thumbsup:
I am taking it what you mean is that you intend to stay as a member of CAF and as a contributer but change your ‘handle’ or User Name and further contribute under that new ‘handle’ ?

Do forgive me…I just found your Post a bit difficult to understand what you were actually saying. This may be cultural only, or it could be my own poverty of understanding - and this would not be a surprise.

*May The Lord bless and protect you…regards…Barb:) *

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.