All information taken from Catholic Culture
and refer to this link for full information re November 2008
The month of November is dedicated to the Souls in Purgatory, whose feast is celebrated on November 2.
With the exception of the last Sunday, November falls during the liturgical season known as Ordinary Time and is represented by the liturgical color green. The last Sunday, which marks the*** beginning of the Advent season***, the liturgical color changes to purple, representing a time of penance.
Holy Father’s Intentions
[LEFT]General: That the testimony of love offered by the Saints, may fortify Christians in their service to God and neighbour, imitating Christ who came not to be served but to serve. [/LEFT]
Missionary: That Christian communities in Asia, contemplating the face of Christ, may find the most suitable way to announce Him in full fidelity to the Gospel to the peoples of that vast continent so rich in culture and ancient forms of spirituality.
Feasts during November 2008
[LEFT]1. All Saints, Solemnity
2. All Souls, Feast
3. Martin de Porres, Opt. Mem.
4. Charles Borromeo, Memorial
9. Lateran Basilica, Feast
10. Leo the Great, Memorial
11. Martin of Tours; Veterans’ Day (USA), Memorial
12. Josaphat, Memorial
13. Frances Xavier Cabrini, Memorial
15. Albert the Great, Opt. Mem.
16. Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sunday
17. Elizabeth of Hungary, Memorial
18. Churches of Peter and Paul; Rose Philippine Duchesne (USA), Opt. Mem.
21. Presentation of Mary, Memorial
22. Cecilia, Memorial
23. Christ the King, Solemnity
24. Andrew Dung-Lac and companions, Memorial
30. First Sunday of Advent, Sunday[/LEFT]